Search results

1. ack

CPS1 palette copy weirdness

I've been messing around writing some code the cps1, but getting some weird behavior related to asking the cpsa/b chips to copy the palette data from gfxram to the real palette chips. From what I've read/seen this should get triggered by writing to the your palette address to $80010a. Doing...
  2. ack

AES backup ram mod?

Has anyone heard of such a thing? The diag bios docs make reference to it, but I don't recall ever seeing anything about one. I'm not even sure why someone would do such a thing.
  3. ack

Force hard reset of z80 cpu on neogeo

Assuming the z80 is defunct and not being responsive to REG_SOUND commands (0x01/0x03) is they any way to force a hard reset of it? I would have thought the 68k's RESET instruction would do it, since it suppose to reset external devices, but testing it on hardware it resets the whole board. thanks
  4. ack

WTB: Broken CPS1 boards

I started working on getting scans of the different cps1 a/b/c boards. https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page#CPS_1 I'm hoping to get the bulk of them via non-working boards to save $$. If you have any non-working a/b/c boards you wanna get rid of hit me up. thanks
  5. ack

REG_PALBANK0/1 register mapping

I've been working on a project disassembling some neogeo code and came across an inconsistency in documentation with the memory locations that REG_PALBANK0/1 map to. The dev wiki and a lot of example code out there have $3A000F = REG_PALBANK1 $3A001F = REG_PALBANK0 Where as snk docs are the...
  6. ack

SP-U2 bioses

I'm looking for 10 to 20 original SP-U2 bioses. If you have 5 or more you can sell I'm willing to offer $3-4 per plus shipping.
  7. ack

FS: 4 and 6 slot MVS boards

I got another batch of multi slot boards available. Prices do not include shipping and assume paypal friends&family. If you have any questions or would like a shipping estimate please let me know. MV4 #3 - $135/SOLD MV4 #4 - $135 MV4F #3 - $135/SOLD MV4F #4 - $135/SOLD MV6 #2 - $235/SOLD...
  8. ack

FS: 4 slots boards and a 6 slot board

I have 5 fully functional multislot boards for sale. Prices do not include shipping and assume paypal friends&family. If you have any questions or would like a shipping estimate please let me know. MV4 #1 - $135/SOLD MV4 #2 - $135/SOLD MV4F #1 - $135/SOLD MV4F #2 - $135/SOLD MV6 #1 -...
  9. ack

FS: 2 and 4 slot mvs boards

I have 4 fully functional multislot boards for sale. Prices include shipping within the USA. MV2-01 - $135/SOLD MV2-01 - $135/SOLD MV4 - $145/SOLD MV4 - $145/SOLD Each board has had some minor repair done to it. If you would like specifics about what was done lmk. All board have Licensed...
  10. ack

capacitor replacements for mvs boards

So its trivial to get the needed uF capacitance and voltage rating of the existing capacitors on mvs boards. However what about the other qualities of the capacitor? For example Nichicon caps www.paullinebarger.net/DS/Nichicon/Nichicon%20Series%20Chart.pdf Getting high temp and longer load...
  11. ack

WTB: multi slot mvs boards

Hi I'm looking to purchase the following multi slot mvs boards MV2B MV2FS MV4 MV4F MV4FS MV4FT MV6T The boards need not be working but need to be in decent physical condition (ie no trace patches or other mods). The battery being removed is fine and a little battery damage is ok. Its fine...
  12. ack

MVS carts with frankenstein daughter boards

Hi I think I got these back in 2011 time frame and kinda forgot about them. I originally thought they were hacks, but re-examining them recently I'm not sure. I have 2 of them and unfortunately both give crosshatch screens Both have the same daughter board which is labeled as "PERFECT LOCK...
  13. ack

FS: Neo Geo X Gold + parts (TRADED)

Hi I have the following items up for sale Complete Used Neo Geo X Gold System: TRADED Firmware version is 337. The ngx handheld has never been physically opened. I did do some testing with this device, but only via the usb interface. The firmware has been reverted to a stock 337. The...
  14. ack

WTB: US NGCD Games

Hi I am looking for the following US neo geo cd games. Ghost Pilots Last Blade 2 NAM-1975 Thrash Rally Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer World Heroes Perfect thanks -ack
  15. ack

WTB: Last Soldier 2 MVS

Hi I'm looking for Last Soldier 2 (Korean Last Blade 2) for mvs. thanks -ack
  16. ack

pc-2-neo cable

Hi I am looking for a pc-2-neo cable or someone to build one for me. thanks -ack
  17. ack

FS: 4 slot MV4FT $130 shipped

leds arrived today. thanks again -ack
  18. ack

WTB: pc2neo cable

Hi I am looking for someone to make and/or sell me a pc2neo cable. thanks -ack
  19. ack

Fighters Swords / SamSho3

This showed up today from ebay. It looks like an official snk repair based on the prog board, but the cha board has an MX chip on it!? -ack
  20. ack

WTB: replacement MVS cases

Hi I had a few MVS carts/cases destroyed during shipping and am looking to get them replaced. I need 5 of them, color doesnt matter. thx -ack