1001 Videogames to play before you die.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
So I ordered this for myself from amazon in addition to some gifts for some other folks. Got it a few days ago and laid down to start reading it over last night. Read the forward by Peter M that was pretty good then go to read the introduction . Read the first two pages (8,9) and then turn the page to continue and suddenly I'm on page 14 and 15. I try like crazy to pry the pages apart thinking they are just stuck together or something since it's a new book but it's not that, the pages are just out of order. I start looking ahead and every page until page 31 is out of order. I don't know if any others are (it's hundreds and hundreds of pages) out of order but this pissed me off dearly. WTF. Print is dead.

starscream615

And, just like that, I get connected to a real person in the united states that works for amazon and have a new one that will be here on Monday. Amazon's customer service is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure this is why I do almost all of my Christmas shopping with them.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
how is a misprint indicative that print is dead?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
1001 Videogames to play before you die and scott pilgrim isn't one of them.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
There aren't even 1001 good games.
/hipster bullshit post

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
So how does this book compare with this:

egm100.jpg

http://kisrael.com/vgames/powerlist/egm100.html

This is the only top 100 game anything that I could ever take seriously.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I stopped caring about lists/what people in media have to say about video games a long time ago.

aria

Former Moderator
I saw the book at Urban Outfitters (which should say something on its own) and after reading a few random pages I threw it back on the pile of crap.

Total garbage.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
@Elixer: Reading the names of the manufacturers up to #1 is quite interesting. Alexi is game Jesus.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
It doesn't look half bad. Good bathroom reading material, heh. In that vid I don't know if that's a girl or a girly sounding boy, lol

Steve

The Wonder Years,
#1 is LttP, derp.

Is it ordered? I don't think it is? From the vid it's broken down in 5 categories:

1. 70s
2. 80s
3. 90s
4. 00s
5. 10s

I think from there the games are just listed, but in no specific ranking order in terms of game x is better than game y

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Actually I was joking about Zelda or some mario game being usually the number 1 on such lists.

starscream615

It's not a list in any order, it's labeled by eras. Mainly, I wanted it to compare to my collection as there are several games come the 70's and 80's that I may not have or haven't heard of due to their age conflicting with my birth. I read a few games info before becoming distraught due to the page problem (which repeated itself further into the book) and it seemed pretty ok.