13,000 people play the same pokemon game together

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
This doesn't mean 13,000 people are each playing pokemon games together, but that they are playing the same game together. The twitch host has set it up so that when you type a command in you can control the character. In theory its kind of cool, but there is no sense of unity and its mostly like watching someone play Pokemon while horribly drunk

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Kind of makes it feel like a Dragon Warrior game when everyone gets stuck in a patch of high grass. :)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hahahaha, I couldn't watch long but I enjoyed people's frustrated comments.

"SAY LEFT DAMMIT!"

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well they beat it.

ejYMJXi.gif

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
At about three in the morning my time, the Champion was finally beaten. I really enjoyed participating in the madness and watching the great gifs and fanart that arose.

The anarchy and democracy zealots were annoying, though. Each mode was useful for different things. God knows the hive mind would've never managed to get Surf from the Safari Zone if the whole thing was left to the drunken meandering of anarchy.

I just typed one of the weirdest sentences I have ever composed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tnlj9hf.png

it's odd to think i haven't played pokemon blue in half of my lifetime
and yet i remember all the names
to me, pokemon blue is one of the best rpgs. one of my favorite video games, at least.
a lot of things i thought i had forgotten, and yet here i am, looking at pokemon and remembering their names.
they got it right.
every other game...not so much.

VBsNSbL.png