15 games in one day? Yep, I'm that fuckin' crazy!

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Takumaji said:
Why is it that everyone is so crazy about modded Xboxes?

Most newer arcade games (1999 and up) run like shit on it, countless older console games have graphical glitches and specially sound problems, not to mention the washed-out look even when using RGB...etc..

I have one, and I pretty much stopped using it for the same reason. It was a pain to upgrade the emulators, it was a pain to get the roms on the Xbox, and even once I did, they didn't run as well as the originals or the PC ROM counterparts.

Ever since I got my work laptop, I've just kept the desktop hooked up to the TV/Projector.

Stormrider_2977 said:
I've got news for you though, try as you might, you'll
probably never get out of the "Try for 15 mintues,
move to the next"

Probably why most collectors/people who got ROM boxes don't play anymore. Having so many games just gets overwhelming to the point where you don't care to play anymore.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Stormrider_2977 said:
I salute your drive to reliving the glory days of
the 16-Bit era though, and SNES/SFC had more
than it's fair share of great games no doubt. I've
got news for you though, try as you might, you'll
probably never get out of the "Try for 15 mintues,
move to the next" thing for at least 2 years from
now with the rate at which you're buying up stuff,
I know from experience.

heh, yeah I've been told that a lot "you'll never escape
the try game for 15 minutes move on to the next" syndrome.

But I'm actually turning the corner, my man. No, seriously. Like,
I've amassed a ton of games from the sweet 16-bit era, but I'm
closing in my goal of being finished (on the SNES side anyway).
I am also keeping a journal of my gameplay loggings. This way
I'm extra motivated to play the games. Once the buying stops I
will definitely be attempting to beat the games. I already beat SWAT
Kats -- an obscure-ish platformer I had no intentions of beating, but
one that slowly hooked on to me.

The journal thing is major sad and dorky I know, lol. But 5, 10 years
from now, when I look back on it, it's gonna be pretty cool.
I have the dates and time when I first played a game, and I write
down first impressions. I have a log of SWAT Kats' game "walk through."
I'm planning, tentatively, to one day transform my journal loggings into
one big "epic" SNES thread... akin to my "SSM Proudly Presents the Top 50 Saturn Games."

that would be major interesting... it won't be anytime soon, but who
knows. We'll see which members are still here in 2008. :make_fac:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nick Goracke said:
I have one, and I pretty much stopped using it for the same reason. It was a pain to upgrade the emulators, it was a pain to get the roms on the Xbox, and even once I did, they didn't run as well as the originals or the PC ROM counterparts.

That's the point. Most people like their rombox until they play a game on it they know inside out.

I mean, not even Wonder Boy from 1986 runs arcade-perfect, I can beat the first area of this game with my eyes closed and my right hand tied to my back, but I could name you three spots in the first two sections alone where the emulated version does not behave like the real thing, and don't get me started on the bosses.

It's beyond me why a basically powerful system like the Xbox is not able to perfectly mimick a 20 years old platformer, even with latest mameox. Yeah, this may sound nit-picky, but IMO, details like this should tell people something about the overall quality of emulation on a modded 'box, and hopefully prevent them from dumping their original stuff for a bit of "convenience".

Moving consoles, oh the horror...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
That's the point. Most people like their rombox until they play a game on it they know inside out.

I mean, not even Wonder Boy from 1986 runs arcade-perfect, I can beat the first area of this game with my eyes closed and my right hand tied to my back, but I could name you three spots in the first two sections alone where the emulated version does not behave like the real thing, and don't get me started on the bosses.

It's beyond me why a basically powerful system like the Xbox is not able to perfectly mimick a 20 years old platformer, even with latest mameox. Yeah, this may sound nit-picky, but IMO, details like this should tell people something about the overall quality of emulation on a modded 'box, and hopefully prevent them from dumping their original stuff for a bit of "convenience".

Moving consoles, oh the horror...

Yeah I agree with you.

That's why I kept a Core of 10 NES titles that I plan on playing regularly. I plan to expand that to about 30 Titles.

But For that ONE time I want to fire up Hatris, Dash Galaxy or Ninja Crusaders, I'll be content with emulation...... Rather holding onto 350 carts that I only play once if at all.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Tak if you keep talking like that (comparisons) you're
going to attract AirRaid, ChopLifter85, AirStrike
back here for another of his crazy "comparisons"
threads. :annoyed: