15 games in one day? Yep, I'm that fuckin' crazy!

Steve

The Wonder Years,
What a great, great, GREAT day.

For TWENTY bucks I got this in the wild:

25954704014346l.jpg

Went home, the mail lady came and walked to my door carrying no less than SEVEN (!) packages. She gave me that "you're crazy" look. I make her earn EVERY last cent of this route, hahaha.

Poor lady had to carry all this to my door:

25955825847774l.jpg

Now let's see what we got!

Sad thing is, I had so many deals in the works, I didn't know for sure what was what in the 7 packages, lol. Now that's when you know you're buying too much, folks.

25954949927333l.jpg

25955210338632l.jpg

25955338063875l.jpg

Damn. What a day. 15 games... whew :mr_t:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
wow... Dynamite Headdy, Hardcorps, TF III and G&G + VM2 cart for $20... that's a great deal, congrats man.

Bought these games on release and paid the equivalence of about $60 for each of them... ah well...

Now I know why you started this "does owning lots of games lets you grow hair on the brain" thread... ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
do you buy games just to own them?

I've been consolidating my collection every year

I can't stand clutter

Steve

The Wonder Years,
roker said:
do you buy games just to own them?

I've been consolidating my collection every year

I can't stand clutter

naw I play 'em. Or try to, anyhow. Though I still have the icky bug of test game for 15 minutes move on to next. With this retro 16-bit stuff though I'm having a blast actually playing these games, and playing through them.

I have weeded out my collection BIG TIME. In fact just this morning I sold off 23 US Saturn games because they eat up too much space.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Good Lord, man. Norton, how much $ would you say you bought that all for? And how much did you sell it for?

Jesus Christ... that's flippin' mad. The thing you worry about selling off a lot of old games like that is the buyer, over time, may complain "game x and such doesn't play." You always hope the buyer never emails you back with either:

a) complaints
b) buyer's remorse

Why did you sell all those games anyway? I assume at one point you were very much into NES, but recently got out of it. Always curious to hear people's stories of why they dump off so many games for one system like that. I myself am pondering if I should get a Nintendo again... but I think it's best (for my sanity and life) I not even start...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Steve said:
Good Lord, man. Norton, how much $ would you say you bought that all for? And how much did you sell it for?

Jesus Christ... that's flippin' mad. The thing you worry about selling off a lot of old games like that is the buyer, over time, may complain "game x and such doesn't play." You always hope the buyer never emails you back with either:

a) complaints
b) buyer's remorse

Why did you sell all those games anyway? I assume at one point you were very much into NES, but recently got out of it. Always curious to hear people's stories of why they dump off so many games for one system like that. I myself am pondering if I should get a Nintendo again... but I think it's best (for my sanity and life) I not even start...

Sold the whole lot for:
400 Carts@ $2 ea.
25 Complete games@$3 ea.
I threw in a Boxed Tengen tetris.

There are only about 5 doubles in there....
Some of the pics are misleading cuz I had to take two Upclose pics of every box....

I bought most of the games from 2000-2004. Most of the games I paid $1-$2 for.

I would keep what I didn't have and sell off doubles of Ebay earners such as Super Dodge Ball, Megamans, River City Ransom, Bubble Bobble, Tengen Tetris and the like.

I'd also mod out a new Green LED and 72 pin connector and sell packages on ebay around xmas time with a Controller, gun and 5 cheap, decent carts (Metroids, Excitebikes, Marios, Gradius and the like).

I wanted to collect all 796 carts, but I hit a brick wall at the 350 cart range. My cheap sources stopped aquireing new carts. Ebay is good, but you have to pay $3-$5 shipping. And deal with a lot of BS.

Last spring, I was forced to sell of some of my treasures such as two Copies of Bubble Bobble II, 2 copies of Sno Bros and some other goodies.

I've got some bills comming up and I need to sell off my NES collection. Plus I'm moving and wont have space for all those carts.

I used to have about 350 of the carts stacked on a Big shelf. Then the shelf gave out and the carts fell on me.... Tooke me half an hour to pick up.

And ohh yeah, I'm using some of the funds to buy a Modded Xbox.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
steve,

you're gay, man.
just get a modded xbox.

just use the comp

it's easier to tate a computer monitor

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
im still holding onto the real carts are better ideology.

i have yet to try out a modded xbox. im only assuming it still will have resolution differences vs the real thing.:(

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
$20 for those 5 was a great haul. In the wild, a complete Contra: Hard Corps goes for $10 complete alone.

I've had Genesis on my mind these past few days too, might start up a game of Alien Storm tonight.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
steve,

you're gay, man.
just get a modded xbox.

The only thing that's stopping me from getting a modded xbox is putting it all together and getting romz on it.

Is there anywhere you can buy a modded xbox pre-loaded with all the roms you'll need?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
im still holding onto the real carts are better ideology.

i have yet to try out a modded xbox. im only assuming it still will have resolution differences vs the real thing.:(

I agree, but the real test will be with the Revolution.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'd mod an Xbox, but I hate the Xbox's d-pad. I couldn't play SNES roms on it.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
GregN. said:
The only thing that's stopping me from getting a modded xbox is putting it all together and getting romz on it.

Is there anywhere you can buy a modded xbox pre-loaded with all the roms you'll need?

The modded xbox is the easy part, the romz are not soo easy to do but you can find some dvds on ebay from a guy in UK, i own a modded xbox with almost all neo geo games and a bunch of arcade games (a lot of them to be fair), im trying to find all romz for msx nes snes genesis and a bunch of other emulator, but its has been a pain in the ass, so im trying to buy the whole thing but until now i got no lucky at all.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Why is it that everyone is so crazy about modded Xboxes?

Most newer arcade games (1999 and up) run like shit on it, countless older console games have graphical glitches and specially sound problems, not to mention the washed-out look even when using RGB...etc..

Yeah, it spares yourself the "hassle" of plugging in a console, but that's more of an organisational problem than a real reason to sell all your stuff and go the 'bawks-only route. I'd never do that, and I bet a lot of those who already did it will regret it later on.

Just my $0.02.

wcmiker

n00b
When I go on a buying spree sometimes I try to spread my purchases apart so that the mail carrier does not have too much to deliver to me on a single day.

Nice games btw.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I can see that you got Lufia II, Megaman 7, Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and Thunder Force III.:drool: :cool:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Awesome score you got there Steve.
Me I'm just the opposite of you now, as
I'm pulling out of the video gaming scene
almost entirely. I'm keeping my Mega Drive,
Famicom AV, Atari 7800/2600 and PS2. That's
it for me. And even then only the "choice" stuff
is what I'll have for it.

I salute your drive to reliving the glory days of
the 16-Bit era though, and SNES/SFC had more