1cc T-Shirt of the Month Club

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yeah, the printed Cave/AMI logo looks different from its predecessors. They all had large graphic logos placed front and center. The C/A shirt has text printed on the right shoulder (left facing). I must admint: I was expecting to see nice huge CAVE logo, front and center, on a shirt, like the other three shirts (and every other CAVE shirt out there). Perhaps something like this.

180px-Cave_logo.gif
03_cave_logo.jpg

But, in any event, with that said, don't get me wrong. I actually like the C/A shirt. I think it looks good. And the DDP art looks great. And the more I see it the shirt, the more I like it. Should shoot a couple of pics of the C/A shirt on that black form of yours. Show it off right.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's ok, that shit doesn't fit you anyway.

That's true; good memory. I bought the Hudson shirt, had to boil it in water just to get it to sort of fit me, and still haven't worn it once. What can I say? I'm just a fogot who's used to the feel of "expensive" t-shirts. I actually offered to mail him a blank t-shirt and still pay him full price to print it and send it back, and he wouldn't do it. So I'm kinda beyond feeling bad if he loses a customer or two because someone criticizes what he's doing.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Tyranix, shirts with those logos have been done before. Props to EllertMichael for coming up with something completely unique.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
If there's one thing I've learned from the internet, it's that no matter how awesome something is, someone will find a way to bitch about it. Which is why I was prepared to let opinions fall by the wayside. But let's be real, if I went into your sales thread just to say "yuck. nothing for me here!" you'd be like "why even post that?" :scratch:

Regarding this whole "they are a business" thing: While I'm flattered that you guys think we've presented ourselves in a professional manner, the truth of the matter is this is more of a project than a business. Run on a month to month basis by myself and my girlfriend in a local print shop we rent from the owner after hours. If we were really trying to be a business, all these shirts would be on permanent retainer in a variety of colours and styles, twice the price, and we'd bend over backwards for customers like when people want to send in their own favourite t-shirt to have something printed on it. (Which, by the way, not even a "business" would do for you. If that shirt gets fucked up while being printed, then what? Exactly. I'd eat the costs. Thanks for that comment about losing sales, even though I responded to your PM in a polite and courteous manner. Real classy. :eyesclosed: )

Exactly what Chempop said, Tryanix. That shirt has been done before and many people, including myself, already have one. The aim with this project is offering the community unique, one of a kind shirts at a very fair price.

Look, I don't expect everyone to immediately appreciate the amount of thought and work that goes into this project, but please don't treat me like I'm Wal Mart. Before you comment, stop and think that there's a real dude on the other side of the screen who is just trying to offer a fun way for the community to get a unique product and also get paid for his time. If you want to comment that you bought the shirt, that you like the design, that when it arrived it exceeded your expectations, that great! Thank you! :)

If you want to offer constructive criticism, or even feel the need to tell me you think the design is ugly, that's fine, too! But please, let's take it to PM as to not clog my sales thread with drama. If you're just looking to pad your post count, there are plenty of other threads to do that in.

Cheers, dudes.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I don't "want to send in [my] favorite t-shirt." I felt like I was the one "bending over backwards" trying to figure out a way to give you my money while still getting a product that I can enjoy. As it is I flushed $25 down the toilet, and when I contacted you about it (basically begging you to either carry better shirts or let me send you one) your response was something along the lines of "sorry, BRO." So sorry, but I don't feel bad. If that means that I'm not classy, then oh well. Whether you like it or not, you're a business so grow a thicker skin and learn to deal with disappointed customers.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Don't act like you're doing him any favors by trying to give him money. No one forced anyone to buy anything. Although I prefer "nicer" shirt stock, I knew full well what to expect with Guilden Ts. EM set expectations from the very beginning when folks started asking for American Apparel-like shirt stock.

I swear some of you fools need to get a fucking grip on reality. He's doing this as a fun project for the community, after hours. T-shirts people, fuckin' t-shirts. Fucking hell.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I never said I was forced to buy anything, and never even hinted at wanting a refund when I was dissatisfied with my purchase. Not trying to do anyone any favors, but he does want to make money, no?

As I've said before both publicly and privately to EM, this is an awesome project and I want to support it, to the point that I was willing to go buy a shirt and freaking mail it to him.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Right, because "flushing $25 down the toilet" is a regular practice of yours. Again, it was your choice. He was perfectly clear with what to expect with the Guildans...

Support the project. Fine. But you have to understand that these backhanded comments about boiling your T in water is just negative noise. It's not constructive in the least.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I'm done arguing about it. If the current system is working for EM, then it shouldn't matter anyway, right? I'm just "finding a way to bitch about it", after all.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I don't "want to send in [my] favorite t-shirt." I felt like I was the one "bending over backwards" trying to figure out a way to give you my money while still getting a product that I can enjoy. As it is I flushed $25 down the toilet, and when I contacted you about it (basically begging you to either carry better shirts or let me send you one) your response was something along the lines of "sorry, BRO." So sorry, but I don't feel bad. If that means that I'm not classy, then oh well. Whether you like it or not, you're a business so grow a thicker skin and learn to deal with disappointed customers.

Come on, Chris. I'm a business because you say I am and that gives you the right to treat me like one? You can not expect me to bend to your every whim and it's tactless to come in here and say I should lose sales because of that.

I just looked at the exact PM I sent you. My exact response was: "Sorry, I'm not accepting shirts in the mail to print on."
I didn't call you a "bro" or talk down to you at all. So don't try and demonize me here.

You PM'd me to continue to push the issue of offering different brands of shirts when I already put that topic to bed in the thread.
What more did you want me to say?

It was already established that the shirts run large and to consider ordering a size smaller than the euro-fit shirts you usually wear.

It's unrealistic to expect to please everyone every month. But so far things have been running smoothly due in part to the rules I've set in place. Once I start offering every brand and colour of shirt under the sun and start taking in shirts people mail to my house to print on, the margin of error greatly increases and so does the amount of disappointed customers.

So far, Chris, you're the first "disappointed customer" I've heard from. And not because of the quality of my work, but because you ordered a large when you should have ordered a medium.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Just wanted to say i really love the look of this month's T-shirt.

Just hope i have some spare money by the end of the month and don't let this one pass.

Good work mate.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are all the shirts going to be arcade related or are some console shirts planned?

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

It's very open. We're not painting ourselves in a corner by any means.
Hardware, software, developers, publishers, and everything in between.
Only thing I'm consciously trying to steer clear from are designs that have been done/can be found elsewhere.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hey lads...

I'm of the opinion that this is similiar to Lordstars T-Shirt thread... and you fooks didn't spam his thread...

I'm at work atm... and when i get home, i'm going to read this thread quite thoroughly... If I find excessive dumbness... i'm not going to be a happy Azn bunny...

xROTx

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
It's very open. We're not painting ourselves in a corner by any means.
Hardware, software, developers, publishers, and everything in between.
Only thing I'm consciously trying to steer clear from are designs that have been done/can be found elsewhere.

I haven't ordered one yet, but I've been following since the beginning. I'm very pleased with your work here Ell, and I appreciate that you are doing this for the community!

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Dude, I'm not trying to demonize you. And my bad, you called me "homeboy", not "bro". Good on you that I was the only disappointed person. Again, did I ask for a refund or anything? No. I said, as I've repeatedly said, that what you are doing is AWESOME, and to please consider switching to better quality shirts. I do not at all wish for you to lose sales. But if you read back through the first two pages of this thread, there were several of us talking about shirt quality. You're basically ignoring us, so if you lose our sales, how can I still care?

The fact that you accept money in exchange for good and make a profit (no matter how small) from it is what makes you a business. Am I treating you like one because I was just being honest? Do you feel like I am personally attacking you or something? How many times do I have to tell you that this thing that you're doing is awesome? I am just frustrated because you insist on using what I consider to be poor quality materials, and just reading through this thread, I can tell you that it's costing you at least a few sales per month.

Just one last time, THIS PROJECT OF YOURS IS AWESOME. Get it?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have read the thread now....

Mega balls and Jibb_Willy... I'd suggest you go find somewhere else to play...

Only GENUINE grievances are to be aired... ie. There's a hole in the shirt... or... he put a massive penis instead of the picture promised...

I personally like this thread... and if ANY of you fooks try my patience on this one I'll happily move you to a place where you can play... Which is locked in the War Room...

xROTx

PS. I will not remove any posts just to show people How NOT to act in this thread...
PPS. Against common misconception... I do read the forums and not spend all my time in chat... Just saying lads... play nice...

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Really digging these shirts. I have 2 so far.

They would be loads better printed on a thinner T like American Apparel track blend. I'd pay the extra $10 per shirt to have them printed on this.

Even this months Cave design would look rad on the coffee colored one. http://store.americanapparel.net/tr401.html

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who likes Guildan shirts? They fit well and I like the thickness.

As soon as I see a shirt I like, I'm totally buying one. (not much of an arcade player)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who likes Guildan shirts?

You're not alone Ki, I'm with you. I'm hearing a lot of American Apparel talk, I tried that brand back when Lordstar was making his warez I ordered a large, it was the Guildan equivalent to an XL or XXL I found out. Needless to say it was way too big for me and I ended up selling it here on the forums and ordering another in the proper size/brand. Maybe they run large for "American" size people as the brand would indicate, not sure but I didn't have a good experience.

Either way, I love this T-shirt of the month idea. Just received my Toaplan tee and couldn't be happier, keep up the good work!

EDIT: I tried leaving feedback for the record but it's giving me an error " Please make sure you are not leaving duplicate feedback!" which I haven't so not sure what's up.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Am I the only one who likes Guildan shirts? They fit well and I like the thickness.

As soon as I see a shirt I like, I'm totally buying one. (not much of an arcade player)

I like them. One of my favorite shirts is a Gildan. I've worn this about once a week for 8 years.

$(KGrHqZ,!r!FDlQmKqL!BRKi3Umzrg~~60_35.JPG

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I love the design of this months shirt and once I get paid I plan on ordering one. I'm sure this has been answered before in the thread but I didn't see it when I skimmed through. But do these shirts run on the large size or smaller? Like if I typically wear a large should I get an XL to be safe? I have found that large can fit very differently among different shirt brands. Thanks

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Hey I know you already explained that you aren't printing on more than one style of shirt about ten times already, but do you think you could print on a different kind of shirt? It's just that I like some other kind of shirt. I mean, those other guys can settle for one kind of shirt, but it's me, that guy from the internet that you don't know. Can't you make an exception?