2 slot cabinet monitor makes a click when powered on, then it goes away

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So a wierd one here that I'm not able to really look up.

Played around with the 2 slot cabinet, and when I turn on the cabinet everything works. However, there's a wierd clicking sound from the monitor that makes the picture jump every second or so.

What's wierd is once the monitor has been on for around 5 minutes or so, the clicking stops and everything is good to go. What's causing this?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
is it your relay?

I assume it wouldn't be your degauss messing up?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So a wierd one here that I'm not able to really look up.

Played around with the 2 slot cabinet, and when I turn on the cabinet everything works. However, there's a wierd clicking sound from the monitor that makes the picture jump every second or so.

What's wierd is once the monitor has been on for around 5 minutes or so, the clicking stops and everything is good to go. What's causing this?
Could be a dirt/dust burning off. Try leaving it on for 24 hours. I had this happen with a couple of PVMs and leaving them on for an extended period resolved it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Could be a dirt/dust burning off. Try leaving it on for 24 hours. I had this happen with a couple of PVMs and leaving them on for an extended period resolved it.
I'll give this a shot, thanks!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This sounds totally normal to me. I’m sure there’s some specific cause for it (capacitors, probably) but if it goes away after five minutes then that’s not even considered a problem when the stuff is this old. I have a 30 year old Miata that needs five minutes to warm up...then it goes around the track for hours after that.

Verdict: leave it on. :)