2 slot full enclosure

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Has anyone attempted this? How about pics of the results if there are some? I haven't heard of it. Not even one disastrously failed try. Let alone complete ready to play.

It goes without saying most CMVS users and builders stick with 1 slot for various reasons. Acquiring a case large enough to fit more slots doesn't sound fun. :eek_2:

Robert

20 Year Member
I don't see what you're planning to do.
Could you explain please?

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
MVS boards were intended to use in arcade machines, right? Rarely seen or interacted with by gamers. Well they don't have a look and protection from the elements suitable for mass market console use.
CMVS projects correcting that already exist for 1 slot. As is common knowledge. Now expand the idea to 2 slots.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Last one done was by NeoSi. He made an all white enclosure made of wood.

neosi2slot.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
didn't someone recently have a thread about their 6 slot they did?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think he put them all on the back, I never saw a pic of the back though. That hole on the top right is for the power switch. I really don't know what happened the NeoSi, he was selling enclosed 1 slots and 2 slots in the UK and then one day he just stopped posting completely almost as if he was pulled from the face of the earth. When he stopped posting even his website went down, too.

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah I've heard of other modders disappear. Another one used to make Sega stuff I might've liked... Lack of available workers is really my biggest obstacle. Few people build one-off or nearly so CMVS ideas. Not enough demand to sustain that business.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Yeah I've heard of other modders disappear. Another one used to make Sega stuff I might've liked... Lack of available workers is really my biggest obstacle. Few people build one-off or nearly so CMVS ideas. Not enough demand to sustain that business.

True. In my opinion this is not a work for a living (maybe XianXi could here give his opinion), albeit I can't complain about ebay final prices.

A lot of things can happen in the personal life to quit modding, likely because this is seen as a hobby instead a business.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
True. In my opinion this is not a work for a living (maybe XianXi could here give his opinion), albeit I can't complain about ebay final prices.

A lot of things can happen in the personal life to quit modding, likely because this is seen as a hobby instead a business.

In comparison, modding a 2 slot without an enclosure is very simple and depending on features can take only 1hr to 4 hr to total work time. For custom 1 slot with enclosure it takes up to 10 hours total for a decked out one. Some might think the money would be worth it but it isn't sometimes. With Superguns there is some unspoken ceiling of $350 for one no matter what features the customer wants.

CMVS systems like shadowkn55 is building will pay off in the long run, since it's just plug and play there is basically minimal labor involved. Once he's back in the green from the molds then it's just more profit for him.

But now the problem with 1 slot CMVS units is that MV1Cs are getting scarce unless someone finds a big load again like we did with DevilRedeemed in Mexico years back.

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That's useful info. Mine will be among the fastest easiest CMVS jobs there is. Can't get much simpler with this board already having a socketed bios, joypad ports, mem card slot, and audio output. Especially since video only needs proper RGB.

Last edited: