2011 NBA Finals Thread

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
NOTE: I know there is a NBA thread but that's for the playoffs. This is FINALS BAYBEE!!!

Five years ago, we had this "awesome" thread in regards to the Mavericks and Heat in the finals. Now, 1,825 days later, both teams have made their way back into a familiar position. The only difference with this upcoming match up is new players, new coaches, and a new mindset for the star players.

On the Dallas Mavericks, we have Dirk Nowitzki who, in his thirteenth season in the NBA, has more post season experience than most of the players on the Miami Heat. Throughout the playoffs, Dirk has been able to lead his team to victories thanks in part to his leadership and teamwork.

On the Miami Heat, we have Lebron James. Normally, Dwayne Wade would be the center player but since he already has a ring, we're going to concentrate on the one that doesn't have one. Moving on, James made a infamous decision to move to Miami to play along side Wade and Chris Bosh. Though they have only 58 wins this season thanks in part to the ups and downs they've experienced, the Heat are looking to acquire their second championship ring.

Here's a fan made promo that I made for the Finals tomorrow. Are you all ready for this? I know I am!

Peace and love!
Maury V.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'm rooting for the Mavs. Mostly because I'd like for Kid to get a ring.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Seriously looking forward to the Mavericks winning it. HOPEFULLY the commissioner has looked into not having ANY bias refs and/or refs with a gambling problem for this finals. The public wants the Heat to win so Lebron can finally get his ring. He'll have to wait until next year (unless the Mavericks go again to the finals) for that to happen.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Da Bulls were a better match up,, Heat in 5 or less.

JS

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bulls need to get Howard. That's the only way I can see anybody beating Miami next year.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
The public wants the Heat to win so Lebron can finally get his ring..

I doubt that.

Outside of Miami, Lebron is the most hated player in the league.

Ever since I read that book from the former mob-ref I don't trust the NBA for shit though. Everything he ratted out about the league itself fixing games seems 100% true.

Dragging on series to 6-7 games that should of been over in 4 or 5. Giving special treatment to star players by not fouling them out. Shit like that. Especially the big stars never fouling out. Even tonight Lebron commited what could have gotten most players a flagrant, he didn't even get called for a personal.

Had Artist did that exact shit, he'd of been ejected.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
You know it's bad when the commentators are constantly questioning the calls. That's what happened for most of the second half tonight. I'm not saying the Mavs would have won either way, but damn.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The game started off horribly. Missing shots everywhere on both sides. Hope Dallas wins game 2.

As for "the public wanting heat to win for lebron"... man, that can't be further from the truth. There are tons of people out there that hate the Heat and don't like Lebron for switching teams for some reason.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Are people going to be claiming that the fix is in every time the Heat win? Is it so hard to accept that they might actually be really good?

The disparity in personal fouls in this game was one. The Heat had 21 and the Mavs had 22. That doesn't exactly smell like the refs giving the game to the Heat, who were in the penalty rather early at times last night. The Mavs shot six more free throws than the Heat as well.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I read the book and agree with it completely. And anybody that's watched the NBA, truly WATCHED it, knows it's the fucking gospel truth.

The NBA markets their superstars. If those superstars are riding the bench, they can't be marketed. Letting them get away with a bit more allows them to look more like the game's immortals.

Never forget Jordan's push off on Bryon Russel in game six of the '98 finals, where he hit his last shot to put the Bulls ahead of the Jazz. If they'd called that down the line, the shot would have been wiped out.

That said, it would be completely wrong to blame the refs every time the Heat win. As much as I fucking hate Lebron James, for reasons I've already stated in the other thread, and as much of a shit as I think he is, he's a very talented player and more often than not, he wins because he's skilled enough to do so, given the balance in the league and the way the game is mediated. No one can say Lebron isn't among the most skilled players in the game today. And this is only his seventh season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's considered one of the top five of all time when it's all said and done, no matter how much I fucking hate him.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Around here, ESPECIALLY at the schools I work at, the kids want Lebron to win. Lebron is the John Cena of the NBA. He's in our face no matter what.

aria

Former Moderator
Around here, ESPECIALLY at the schools I work at, the kids want Lebron to win. Lebron is the John Cena of the NBA. He's in our face no matter what.

Then I blame that failure on the education system :p

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Dirk has a torn ligament in his offhand.

I'm upgrading my bet from the Heat in seven, to the Heat in six.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Keep in mind that the high school I sub at has kids that are not native of north Texas; a majority of the kids are from New Orleans, Los Angeles, East St. Louis, Chicago, Brooklyn, parts of Oklahoma and parts Florida. I shit you not, that school has more non-native students than actual residents.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Man, how careless Miami got after that 3pt by Wade. My ass was biting the sofa in the last 2 minutes. Good game

JS

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Great finish to a fun game.

Hell yeah, Dallas. Keep it going, Mavs!

aria

Former Moderator
Sideshow:

I thought this was pretty well edited and the music is a nice choice.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
What a fuckin' tankjob by Miami. When you've got the your foot across the throat of your downed enemy you're suppose to apply pressure, NOT EASE UP!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yeah, as much as I loved Scottie's game, and he was my favorite Bull, he and everyone else talking about Lebron being the best, at this point in his career, are pretty much talking out of their ass.

I think Lebron has more tools at his disposal than Michael had, but let's wait for Lebron to actually win a few championships before we consider putting him in that 'best ever' talk. I'm more comfortable comparing Kobe to Michael than Lebron to Michael, if we're gonna go there. And even THAT'S a huge stretch.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan. After all, Horry has seven rings. Steve Kerr's five rings also puts him right there in terms of consideration for the Hall of Fame.