2016 Presedential Race - Who do you got?

Who will become our next President?

• Total voters

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
It's the quality/quantity thing that scares the shit out of me. At the moment (pretty much), if you can pay for it, you can get it. You can also pay for quality. If the gov gets involved, I have a strong feeling this will be a bad thing for US citizens. I can almost assure you that not only will the quality go down, but the availability will also go down.
I don't have any good numbers here either way. There exist countries with social health care, and without dire shortages. It's difficult to compare, at least.
To add to that, there is the swept under the rug tax-cost of healthcare. So yeah, the premiums may be cheaper, but how will that reflect come tax-time?

I just know this...there is no such thing as a free lunch. Money is money and the price has to go somewhere. A $50,000 surgery isn't going to become $12,000 magically...it just isn't.
https://data.oecd.org/healthres/health-spending.htm

The US actually spends more on our half-assed public healthcare system (Medicare, Medicaid) than other countries do on their comprehensive systems. There are real efficiency gains to be had, in a single-payer system. Not only do you remove whole layers of bureaucracy, but you enable destitute/homeless people to get care before they are critically ill. (A course of antibiotics is far cheaper than an emergency surgery.)

EDIT: Also consider that we are already paying for the bureaucracy involved with Medicare/Medicaid - that's in parallel to the bureaucracy of the health insurance companies. Unless there is a solution which involves dropping public health care entirely, that's going to be a cost either way.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Know the issues that matter!

COcg1WI.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bernie's over 70...Hillary's getting pretty damn close. I suspect both of them probably have arthritis or, carpal tunnel syndrome. They're definitely not spending their time playing Cave shit...or, shitty Gamecube and its 15 decent games.

Sorry, Chris.

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Bernie's over 70...Hillary's getting pretty damn close. I suspect both of them probably have arthritis or, carpal tunnel syndrome. They're definitely not spending their time playing Cave shit...or, shitty Gamecube and its 15 decent games.

Sorry, Chris.

Jon

bernie is probably on the lazyfinger preorder list.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
bernie is probably on the lazyfinger preorder list.

:thevt:

Keep dreaming, dude. Most 70 year olds I know have never even picked up an NES controller, let alone play niche games like Cave shmups.

Projecting your hobbies onto a political candidate is really silly, too.

Jon

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Keep dreaming, dude. Most 70 year olds I know have never even picked up an NES controller, let alone play niche games like Cave shmups.

Jon

I'm thinking I don't get your sense of humour.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

Jon

my grandmother would house you at tetris or dr mario. not a joke.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Lol, HOUSE me?!

Jon

PS: Stupid auto-correct?;)

yes. she has done nothing but play those 2 games for the last 25ish years. everything on max settings at all times.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I haven't heard that usage of the word "House" since the new jack swing and high top fade era.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Trump SMOKED Cruz.

I'm torn between the following:

I do like Mr. Trump - I like a lot of the shit he says - if he starts talking about universal healthcare, my vote will be sealed.

I do like Senator Sanders - but I don't fully believe he can do what he says - I hope he CAN.

I HATE Hillary - but LOVE Bill. If she wins, that's the bittersweet part of it - we get Bill back in a way.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Trump SMOKED Cruz.

I'm torn between the following:

I do like Mr. Trump - I like a lot of the shit he says - if he starts talking about universal healthcare, my vote will be sealed.

I do like Senator Sanders - but I don't fully believe he can do what he says - I hope he CAN.

I HATE Hillary - but LOVE Bill. If she wins, that's the bittersweet part of it - we get Bill back in a way.

5 Ways Bernie Sanders And Donald Trump Are More Alike Than You Think

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
THOSE SUPER DELEGATES ..>>AGAIN
Clinton 362
Sanders 8

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
If I feel da burn do I get free stuff for the rest of my life?