Can the Pi 4 / RetroPie handle PSP - High Time for Pi Time - 2/4

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I keep getting asked for Pi content...mostly to pit against the MiSTer...so hey...why not. I like pie (it was all I could do to not make a pie crust for it)

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
RetroPie is the best and most powerfull I think.
I recommand it for advanced user likes DIY

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Any thoughts on Lakka? I just got a Pi 4 earlier this week and loaded Lakka onto it. Trying to decide which way to go before I get too far into adding games.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Its a great alternative if you cant afford a Mister yet. AFAIK, PI3 allows for output to CRT, I'd imagine the PI4 does also

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
While by far not perfect, depending on the game, the Pi can handle the N64, something the MiSTer can't.
Any thoughts on Lakka? I just got a Pi 4 earlier this week and loaded Lakka onto it. Trying to decide which way to go before I get too far into adding games.
Lakka is pretty much bare-bones Retroarch, try it out on any PC or even a phone beforehand, see how you like it. I personally despise the UI it has, no matter the menu driver you use, bloated af and nothing is where you expect it to be, it really requires some time to get used to. Also in my experience some emulators tend to run somewhat worse on Retroarch.

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

I have tested Lakka on PiStation, just for his GUI like PlayStation. Finally, I have installed RetropPie with theme Epic Noir instead.
It's not easy to manage something with Lakka it's a bit of a mess and all emulators looks like not running "optimized" for SBC.

Like FredyFired says, Lakka is probably good but on the PC.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I abandoned retroPi images. They work, but never enough.
Andriod and Batocera systems are just cleaning.