2D Con - May 8th-9th Ramada MoA Mpls MN

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
2D Con
Ramada Bloomington at the Mall of America
2300 American Blvd E, Bloomington, Minnesota 55425 May 8th-9th

Any mpls members going? I plan on going one of the days. It's free to get in, you can make donations. Says they'll have console, tabletop, and Arcade games set up for play.

I've never really been to cons because I'm not big on anime or comics, so this should be fun.

http://www.2dcon.net/

Last edited:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
First I have heard of it. It might be interesting though there is not a lot of info on their web page.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
First I have heard of it. It might be interesting though there is not a lot of info on their web page.

Yea, it's an upstart. Nice to see cons in mpls, but I'm out of the loop usually.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I hope they'll have pinball.

I looked at the game list, and they will have Mario Kart 8 there, but nothing else of interest really. Hopefully they'll get some other stuff in.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Here's a response I got from an email I sent them:

Hi Greg,

We do not currently have a completed game list, however we will have a lot of party and music games. We do have a Neo-Geo cab coming in as well.

We are currently working on getting some pinball machines, however nothing is confirmed at this time.

Thank you,

Joseph Opsahl
President | This is Geek
Founder | 2D Con - A Celebration of All Things Gaming
http://thisisgeek.net || http://2dcon.net

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bump. About a week away. LAN party spots filled up quick. Seems like it wants to revive that. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I hope they'll have good console stuff. I have to work on Fri., but I'll be there Sat.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bump. Just a couple of days away.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody go yesterday? Impressions ?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Went from 10-5, and had some fun. Ran into one of the MN crew Stefan. They had Big Red with Ninja Combat, SVC Chaos, Nam '75, and Magician Lord. They had DJs spinning, Nintendo had a big table and some MK8 and NES Remix to play. They gave out a ton of promotional freebies including AR Cards, MK8 Flags, posters, magnets, and key chains. There were indie game developers showing off their latest games, there was also a Raiden Cab, and Orbiter and Bally's Party Animal Pinball machines. I got tons of Streetpass tags. I felt it was dominated by Smash Bros. a little bit.

I had a fun time and will probably go next year.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Dear 2D Con attendies,
You all blew us out of the water. We will be having a post event meeting Saturday the 23rd at the Penn Lake Library in Bloomington at 3pm that is open to the public (if you'd like to attend) to discuss the overall numbers and the feedback that we are given so we can grow and provide an even better experience next year.
Some things are a given:
We have booked the entire hotel for 2016 (June 3rd, 4th and 5th)
That being said we already know we have more space for artists/vendors/more tv's and consoles etc.
Since next year will also be a 3 day event so we will have more time for scheduling tournaments and time between tournaments.
We appreciate all feedback so please follow the link below and tell us about your experience!
We look forward to creating an even more amazing event for 2D Con 2016: All Your Base!

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Missed the Nintendo table. Must have been a Saturday thing. You didn't grab any extra AR cards did you?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Missed the Nintendo table. Must have been a Saturday thing. You didn't grab any extra AR cards did you?

Not really. It was just an extra costume in Animal Crossing and a card to DL the demo to Puzzle & Dragons.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Did you happen to grab them? My wife plays AC and would love the costume.