3:10 to Yuma

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I saw this film today. There were four people in the theater besides myself. God knows why, because this movie was excellent. I can't get enough of westerns and I always do my best to catch a new one when they come to theaters. Bale does a great job as the protagonist in this film. He makes you feel for his character. Very human and relatable. And Crowe makes for a very likable villain in many ways. What's best about his character is you never truly know where he stands on anything until he makes a move. He's always on the fence like he could go either way.

I really enjoyed the ending scene a lot. You could cut the tension with a knife. It was much better than what I was expecting. It's a shame the western genre is going the way of the dinosaur these days. It makes for such great story telling on a lot of important subjects that just don't get touched on in films today. Like what it's like to have to be a real man and do what needs to be done no matter the cost.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys westerns or just good film making in general. There were a few plot holes here and there, but that's to be expected in the novel to film translation. Can't really cover ever detail. It also doesn't come with any of the cheese that's often associated with the genre. Seems to have a good handle on realism. I think this is the best film that no one will see this year. Has anyone else watched it? I'd be interested to hear some opinions.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. I'm willing to bet it's better than anything you've seen in the theaters this year.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I really want to see this.

After watching Bale become emaciated for the Machinist, I became a fan.
He has some great movies under his belt, so this seems like a no-brainer.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as Unforgiven or any of Leone's films but it was good.

7/10

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Well after seeing CRANK 3.0, better known as Shoot 'Em Up and enjoying all of it's outrageous "bullshit" gunplay... well, I need something rooted in reality and the gun frontier is where my heart is anyhow. I'm going to saddle up and see this flick sometime before the weekend is over, glad I'm not the only one who still likes the western genre.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep, saw this with the Mrs. yesterday and really enjoyed it. The flow of the story was superb and the characters were really fleshed out. On of the better movies I've seen in awhile and a good western. Kept me guessing all the way up until the end.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Still want to see this.

Not the biggest fan of Western films (nothing against the genre but I always find them all to be too similar), but the original is one of the few I greatly enjoy.

Personally more interested in Eastern Promises, but that's only because I'm a hopeless Cronenberg fanboy who will support that man and his work until the day I die.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I heard that Bale actually had his leg surgically removed for this role.

BTW - Kernow told me this.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Christian Bale is a phenomenal actor and if I liked westerns I would definitely see this one.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
kobylka68 said:
Christian Bale is a phenomenal actor and if I liked westerns I would definitely see this one.

Just go see it, for crissakes. Hell knows nothing else better is playing at theatres in Hamilton/Ancaster/Burlington -

Hamilton really needs less of a "music" "indy" scene and more of a film scene.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Christian Bale wasn't awsome in this, but Russell Crowe was.

Good movie.