3 Count Bout & Robo Army (SNK Neo•Geo MVS): Boot Or No Boot?

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Both SNK Neo•Geo MVS cartridges -- 3 Count Bout & Robo Army -- were purchased on eBay. You can view the auctions here and here.

My suspicions were raised when, upon inspection, I noticed these unusual chips: each with either an odd holograph or white sticker in the middle. I've read that, while it is occasionally an authentic and genuine repair, it is more than likely the sign of a counterfeit SNK Neo•Geo MVS cartridge. Hopefully, I'm wrong; probably, I'm right.

So, boot or no boot?

3 Count Bout (SNK Neo•Geo MVS)

Robo Army (SNK Neo•Geo MVS)

SniperElite

Kula's Candy
No boot on either (both are legit), from what I can tell. And maybe an eprom fix on your 3 count bout, the one marked 43 slot M1.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Both are legit but then on the other hand, what would be butchered to boot those...?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Both are legit but then on the other hand, what would be butchered to boot those...?

Was just gonna say... I mean MAYBE Robo Army is the bootlegger was drunk... but 3 Count Bout? Seriously?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The way you tell is that the NGH numbers are right. If it were a boot, it would have a number from a different game.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Okay, so I had a question about my Robo Army I received today but I don't think it's worthy of a whole new topic.

So the first thing I did when I got Robo Army today was to check the Soft Dip settings, like I do with all my games. To my surprise, Robo Army is titled 'Top Hunter' in the Soft Dip settings. Is this normal for a Robo Army game or should I open it up and further examine it? BTW, this game came as a full kit, with the original Robo mini and artwork.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Okay, so I had a question about my Robo Army I received today but I don't think it's worthy of a whole new topic.

So the first thing I did when I got Robo Army today was to check the Soft Dip settings, like I do with all my games. To my surprise, Robo Army is titled 'Top Hunter' in the Soft Dip settings. Is this normal for a Robo Army game or should I open it up and further examine it? BTW, this game came as a full kit, with the original Robo mini and artwork.
Reset the system ram and clean the game.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
That did the trick. I had just cleared the RAM recently to fix my Metal Slug 4 problem tho, weird :scratch: