$300k Kizuna Encounter Euro AES over at the NeoStore

yori2004

n00b
Does anyone know the exact number of copies that are out there?
Or, we just know that it's "single digit"?

There is no available data on the quantities of games produced by SNK, only sales estimates for some of them in magazines and some official data in specialized magazines, like Game Machine.

The authenticity of the existence of this game comes first from about two German and French video game sellers. Then there is especially an official document published by Playmore during its infringement lawsuits back in 2002.

This is the Neo-Geo games list and the English version of Kizuna is present.

It is also specified that there is only a Japanese version of Aero Fighters 3. Knowing this secret document could have made some people disbelieve the fairy tale about the English version of this game and saved them time and a lot of money.

There is also an official Kizuna english manual for sale on eBay by Neotropolis, which claims to have had two.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
There is no available data on the quantities of games produced by SNK, only sales estimates for some of them in magazines and some official data in specialized magazines, like Game Machine.

The authenticity of the existence of this game comes first from about two German and French video game sellers. Then there is especially an official document published by Playmore during its infringement lawsuits back in 2002.

This is the Neo-Geo games list and the English version of Kizuna is present.

It is also specified that there is only a Japanese version of Aero Fighters 3. Knowing this secret document could have made some people disbelieve the fairy tale about the English version of this game and saved them time and a lot of money.

There is also an official Kizuna english manual for sale on eBay by Neotropolis, which claims to have had two.

Ahem, have you possibly noticed that list also mentions:

Warlocks of the Fates
Breaker's Revenge
Ganryu
Bang Buster
Neo Driftout
Fight Fever
World Soccer 96
Pleausure Goal
Goal Goal Goal
Flip Shot
Bang Bead

Now, I see from your forum joining year you possibly got involved in this hobby quite some year later that document was created and published, byt IIRC (and I think I do), that was a list of NGF-USA possession that was deemed as "legit" possession of NGF-USA, a company which had been an official distributor of original SNK merchandise in the US, yet following a lawsuit was finally prohibited to *reproduce* that merchandise.

I remember back then, I kinda used to mock fellow US-neogeo fans with the simple fact the NGF conversions and "corrected inserts" had been declared as "legit", ahah. As a matter of fact, I still laugh my ass off at the so-called "official" NEO·GEO western material, for that "official status" seems like something that can be decided by law in court, not by reality in itself.

But even leaving that alone, do you really feel like that list can prove anything? That list mentions nothing but what was in NGF-USA warehouse at the exact time of its legal seizure.

Well, I for one casually chatted about "Kizuna Encounter EURO-AES" with mr. Koyama Yoshito in the original SNK building in Esaka. That was in 2007 I think, mr. Koyama was like the oldest executive @SnK, which he had joined in 1991, and he never mentioned the EURO AES version of "Fuu'un Super Tag Battle" as being non-existent.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@Shito I’m not trying to be a dick here, but can you clarify your post please?

“he never mentioned the EURO AES version of "Fuu'un Super Tag Battle" as non-existent.”

…reads, as he never said the Euro version doesn’t exist.

Did you mean to say that, or did he say the Euro version does *not* exist.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Someone at SNK in the 2000's is never going to remember which random game received a low print run back then.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
We’ll probably find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop before we know the true story behind Kizuna Encounter‘s Euro AES release.

yori2004

n00b
@Shito
The joining year gives no other information than the joining year. And seniority in this hobby has never determined the level of knowledge.

The list is attached to the TRO and other complaints. It is not limited to NGF. If you ever look at the complaint against NGF, you will see NGF's seizure inventory list which is different from the list of SNK's Neo-Geo IPs provided by Playmore as part of the complaint.

As it is an official document provided for the defense of one's interests in court, it is necessarily reliable and authentic. Conversations with SNK employees are just conversations about their memories. There may be different answers on the same subject and these remain words. The value of these statements is therefore limited and cannot be considered as facts.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'll never understand why some people with nothing to gain have such a hardon for them to be real. There's always been a weird desperation surrounding these that's never made any sense to me. It's not like everyone benefits if they are legit, just a handful of uber collectors. And they don't even really benefit from it because the circle of people invested in the hobby at that level is so small and insular there's really nothing they can do with them except shuffle them back and forth between each other.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
How about a white picket fence and a golden retriever?
That sounds like a good idea actually.

If you think that owning a certain videogame (or Tintin statue or any other item) is a legit "path to happiness"...you're delusional and I'd suggest going outside and touch grass and try to put your penis in a woman once in a while. Or another man, I don't care what you do to get a proper perspective on life.

You still got a few years left, maybe it will "click" with you at some point that certain things are so vapid and irrelevant and not worth obsessing over, such as the item in question. You're never going to own it anyway.

The game isn't even that good tbh.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That sounds like a good idea actually.

If you think that owning a certain videogame (or Tintin statue or any other item) is a legit "path to happiness"...you're delusional and I'd suggest going outside and touch grass and try to put your penis in a woman once in a while. Or another man, I don't care what you do to get a proper perspective on life.

You still got a few years left, maybe it will "click" with you at some point that certain things are so vapid and irrelevant and not worth obsessing over, such as the item in question. You're never going to own it anyway.

The game isn't even that good tbh.
I'm not suggesting anyone buy Euro Kizuna or a Tintin statue. I just think it's funny how this forum seems to always default back to married domestic life as the answer, and shames anyone without that. Speaking as a married person with a house, family and a couple of cars.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
@Shito I’m not trying to be a dick here, but can you clarify your post please?

“he never mentioned the EURO AES version of "Fuu'un Super Tag Battle" as non-existent.”

…reads, as he never said the Euro version doesn’t exist.

Did you mean to say that, or did he say the Euro version does *not* exist.

You are perfectly correct in you first reading. :-)

I apologize if my writing was not perfectly clear though, and I thank you for your honest interest.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
@Shito
The joining year gives no other information than the joining year. And seniority in this hobby has never determined the level of knowledge.
Indeed. That's why I wrote "possibly" to being with. :-)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm not suggesting anyone buy Euro Kizuna or a Tintin statue. I just think it's funny how this forum seems to always default back to married domestic life as the answer, and shames anyone without that. Speaking as a married person with a house, family and a couple of cars.
Rather ironic you can't be championing the non-married domestic lifestyle then.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
lol you bring it up just as much as they do. It's not even about the traditional domestic life it's more about not desperately trying to cling to a ridiculous hobby that entails endlessly trying to fill the void with junk. You project just as much as the people you think are projecting.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Guys, Guys, It's already been debunked in this highly scientific thread with immaculate analysis that the Euro Kizuna is a fake:

That being said, I don't believe it's real. I think the whole thing is bullshit.

I have no proof and I'm sure someone here will tell me I'm wrong, but that's what I believe at the end of the day.

Same for Ultimate 11 or whatever that low-effort soccer game is called.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I mean Occam's razor. What's more likely?

SNK made a handful of carts that were shipped to only one game shop in europe and any carts that didn't sell were sent back to SNK and recycled into another more popular title. All with zero documentation.

Or some jackass made a few high quality conversions.

Hmmmm...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
What determines if its real? If NGF had converted a handful of JPN Kizuna's under the license of SNK would it make it more real as opposed to some Germany guy without a license?

The whole Euro/English home cart market is a massive joke. SNK barely gave two fucks about the market outside of Japan.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
What determines if its real? If NGF had converted a handful of JPN Kizuna's under the license of SNK would it make it more real as opposed to some Germany guy without a license?

The whole Euro/English home cart market is a massive joke. SNK barely gave two fucks about the market outside of Japan.

I like your attitude, sir

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I mean Occam's razor. What's more likely?

SNK made a handful of carts that were shipped to only one game shop in europe and any carts that didn't sell were sent back to SNK and recycled into another more popular title. All with zero documentation.

Or some jackass made a few high quality conversions.

Hmmmm...
I actually have an extremely rare euro release of Occam's Razor if anyone is interested

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
So basically, they'd rather have the games available to the Japanese market....where the PS1 was also dominating.

It doesnt matter to me if its real or fake, I just think its dumb people choose to pay more for what is essentially a bastardized version.