3D printed Metal Slug 001 Vehicle

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I have a friend who's invested quite a bit in his 3D printer and today he sent me this picture:

A7CgXCN.png

I was literally amazed, he said it took 23 hours for the printer to do it.

Had to come here and share, can't wait to see it painted!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This is awesome! If he releases the print files, let us know!

NexusX

Astra Superstar
The resolution on that is insane! I can't even see the print lines. That is amazing.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I did one last year but smaller.
You can get the STL from thingiverse.

c47e86411b0851d75e66c385ea57b344.jpg

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
This is awesome! If he releases the print files, let us know!

I was talking with him yesterday, but he told me it's a huge no-no due to possible copyright infringement and he doesn't want to get into trouble.

Besides, I think he downloaded the print files somewhere, another user here said the files are on Thingverse. Not sure if it's the exact same one, though.

He's just doing it for himself (and for me, cause I really want one).

We were also discussing about which colors should be used, some suggestion input would be greatly appreciated!

In the game, it looks like it's all kind of a grey with a tiny bit of green in it, but I've seen some artwork actually using a slightly blue-ish hue to the grey. And then there are others who have done just normal grey.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I was talking with him yesterday, but he told me it's a huge no-no due to possible copyright infringement and he doesn't want to get into trouble.

Besides, I think he downloaded the print files somewhere, another user here said the files are on Thingverse. Not sure if it's the exact same one, though.

He's just doing it for himself (and for me, cause I really want one).

We were also discussing about which colors should be used, some suggestion input would be greatly appreciated!

In the game, it looks like it's all kind of a grey with a tiny bit of green in it, but I've seen some artwork actually using a slightly blue-ish hue to the grey. And then there are others who have done just normal grey.

This is the one I printed:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2301417

I had the same conundrum regarding the colouring, I decided to just go gun metal grey and black in the end as thats how it always looked to me in the game.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pretty awesome! Hopefully, someday, the technology will improve to the point that a 3D printer can spit something like that out in minutes, rather than many hours.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I have a friend who's invested quite a bit in his 3D printer and today he sent me this picture:

A7CgXCN.png

I was literally amazed, he said it took 23 hours for the printer to do it.

Had to come here and share, can't wait to see it painted!

You were literally amazed? As opposed to figuratively amazed?

the toy is cool, but the print job here is nothing special.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'll have to check closely, thanks all for the kind words

As I said it's not mine, but a friend's. He's still waiting for the correct colors to arrive.

EDIT:

YxFZO8k.png

Massi is right, titchgamer's are backwards! Good catch! :D

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Massi is right, titchgamer's are backwards! Good catch! :D

haha, yes, I have this one, took me a while to pull the trigger as it's hard to find a model with the "muscle" tracks, like in the game (or Dominion's Bonaparte)...anyway, amazing work, if I may suggest, just pump up a bit that detail in the next print! (maybe one nail less and make the other bigger?)

IMG_9704.jpg

Last edited: