3D printing Arcade and Neo items - Collecting Ideas!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I made a 3D model of the mini mame cabinet I'm building. I could send you the STL file to see if it prints. I believe the 3D model would be 6" tall if printed, but could probably be scaled.

Oh yeah, scaling is no issue at all, send it over and I'll give it a print :-)

Also, coin slot covers!

Repro arcade style ashtrays potentially with logos.

Some small candies would be cool!

there is a part that attaches the end of the laser rails in an original turbo CD unit for turbografx

I forgot about this one too, great idea.

Data! Data! Data! I can't make bricks without clay! :-P

If you've got pictures and/or measurements for these PM me or drop them here, and I can get started.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Has anyone suggested 3d printing replacement buttons and sliders for aes units?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I saw a video on youtube of someone repairing junked aes systems and one was definitely missing the volume slider.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
If I had that thing I would have already burnt a spool of plasteek on lil dick n' balls to send everyone.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
as far as the gear and also the other end cap piece that holds the laser rails in turbo cds and duos, please contact BlueBMW or Chop5 for info on those 2 pieces. they are the professionals in turbo fixes!

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
The plastic piece that makes up the 3 buttons on the side of a CPS2 A board (2 for volume, 3rd button might be for Test Mode). Snapped the other 2 off a broken one just last night!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I wonder when the first people asking for custom sex doll parts are gonna show up...

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
What about replacement D-pad and ABC buttons for an original 3 button Genesis pad in Neon colors? like these buttons.
10461957_1508607766021728_542571590820326571_n.jpg

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So many good ideas and I can't really get started on any of them without more info!

At this point I'm just thinking send me things! Broken part, or part you want more of? Drop it in the mail. I will recreate it and then I'll send your bits back with a 3D print for you to test out. I'll pay return shipping. If you don't want to send the part itself or if you're outside of the US then I just need photos and measurements PM'd.

Currently I've been running a lot of 3D print tests and researching a bit on the mini cabs on my own, so if anyone has any models or good resources for measurements and detail shots It would help me a ton! I wan't to start with big reds and candies.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'd been in for some candy cab logo keychains. A nice 3d version of the sega logo or the AstroCity one would be cool.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'll try to get you basic ashtray dimensions shortly. You can easily find pics of them online too.

One other idea is cases for mikew's neo wireless PCBs.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I think I'll drop mikew a line about those pcbs, that seems like a great idea.

Doing some tests to see what kind of results I can get without supports. Overall I'd say pretty good ones! Sorry if any of these photos show up upside down for you, I'm not sure what the deal with that is.

photo 1_4.JPGphoto 2_4.JPG

I didn't clean this up at all yet so you can see that the bottom of the top jaw teeth start to get a little jaggy as the angle of the overhang gets sharper. Overall though I was really impressed, it seems to handle overhangs really well as long as they aren't completely horizontal.

Of course none of this is an issue with things like the mini cabs if you end up ordering off of shapeways, but for the test prints I may have to print the CPs separately.

Gonna run more of a "Doomed to Fail" test after this one, and this one is arcade related :-P

Last edited: