80s Action Movies You'd Recommend to N00bs

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If not for the "Quiet Man" scene, I wouldn't classify "They Live" as an action movie.

Yeah, while They Live has the greatest fight scene in the history of cinema, it's not an action movie. It has way less action than the boring, generic Terminator.

100proof

10 Year Member
Hahaha! So you actually want to see Avatar 2-8?

Does The Irishman sucking make Raging Bull, Taxi Driver or Goodfellas boring and generic?

Does Ready Player One being a hilarious piece of shit make Jurassic Park, Jaws or Close Encounters boring and generic?

Aliens, Terminator 1+2 and True Lies are all great movies regardless of how crap the Avatar sequels will be.

Think before you type, dumb fuck.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I know Terminator 3 is ridiculed but I thought the action scenes were pretty sweet. The story tho is meh.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I know Terminator 3 is ridiculed but I thought the action scenes were pretty sweet. The story tho is meh.
i remember it being the same. i don't have an incessant need to make sure everything i watch is a groundbreaking piece of art. i can appreciate something for purely dumb entertainment value.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You may have missed my point. I have to learn that subtext isn’t useful here.

My point is that after 40 years of gaining enough fame and money to make anything at all he wants he makes…Avatar?

What are the chances he never had taste and was just riding a wave of luck, money, and other people’s talent? He didn’t design the power loader or the Alien or the guns or ships. He didn’t write the music in Terminator that half made the movie, Titanic is a true story, what would his movies be without those elements?

When you finally remove all the restraints it seems he makes crap, just like Lucas. It’s not like he wasn’t happy with Avatar, he’s devoting the rest of his life to it. He thinks it is FAN friggn tastic, likely so will China, so in the end Avatar will be his epitaph. Even Chaplin made bad movies…but he didn’t get excited about signing a deal for a half dozen of them in a row.

While I have enjoyed several of Jesus Christ’s movies, Arnold…I have nothing nice to say about that asshole. A moron body builder turned pretend killer turned death warrant signing politician real life murderer. And we have Hummer to thank him for too. What a gross ape. “Look at him continue to pull the trigger, what a great action hero!” He sucks.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

My point is that after 40 years of gaining enough fame and money to make anything at all he wants he makes…Avatar?

What are the chances he never had taste and was just riding a wave of luck, money, and other people’s talent? He didn’t design the power loader or the Alien or the guns or ships. He didn’t write the music in Terminator that half made the movie, Titanic is a true story, what would his movies be without those elements?

When you finally remove all the restraints it seems he makes crap, just like Lucas. It’s not like he wasn’t happy with Avatar, he’s devoting the rest of his life to it. He thinks it is FAN friggn tastic, likely so will China, so in the end Avatar will be his epitaph. Even Chaplin made bad movies…but he didn’t get excited about signing a deal for a half dozen of them in a row.

While I have enjoyed several of Jesus Christ’s movies, Arnold…I have nothing nice to say about that asshole. A moron body builder turned pretend killer turned death warrant signing politician real life murderer. And we have Hummer to thank him for too. What a gross ape. “Look at him continue to pull the trigger, what a great action hero!” He sucks.
lol wtf are you on?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

That was most definitely not your point.

Even if it somehow was in your own mind you communicated it so poorly that...

You know what I just can't be bothered.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member

I will show you my beef.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah, IIRC he just murders people one after until the viewer falls asleep in T1. T2 is a different thing all together and it’s kind of amazing they made a sequel to such a boring generic movie and decided to make that sequel the most expensive outlandish thing ever.
You need to wash your mouth with:
12-gauge auto loader
45 long slide with laser sighting
Plasma rifle in the 40W range
Uzi 9mm

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cameron wrote (80's):
Terminator
Rambo II
Aliens
Abyss

100proof

10 Year Member
Nothing you can possibly say about James Cameron's current output makes The Terminator, one of the greatest low-budget sci-fi movies in cinematic history and the birthplace of an entire cottage industry of imitators, boring or generic.

Admit you were wrong or just slither away, dummy.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Should Terminator be called an action movie?
Not the first one.
I would call it more of a SciFi / Horror film.
Think more like the seemingly unkillable monster that is relentlessly chasing you and won't stop until it get you.
T2 would absolutely be an action move.
Terminator is far better than T2.
I have similar feelings about Alien vs Aliens... Alien being the better film of course..

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The Terminator is never going to be everyone's cup-of-tea, but to call it "boring and generic".... wow. Just. Wow.

I still wouldn't class it as an action film, but would agree it does blur genres. The definition of action film, and Arnie being an action star, has to be Commando for me, which was then cemeented in Predator. I really love Raw Deal as well, just a shame it's not overly appreciated. Looking forward to the 4K Blu Ray remaster coming out soon. :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Whoo whee.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
A cult classic
1*9C7-TGyQ0oi2n345ikD7Bg.jpeg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Everything mentioned so far is great, I don't think anyone mentioned roadhouse. That and the lethal weapon movies from the eighties, although I'm a bit more partial to 3 and 4 from the nineties.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

I'm praying nobody notices that the ending of The Heroic Trio was copied from The Terminator.

Oh, shit.