9/26 Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Ultimate Edition

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
http://www.thetexaschainsawmassacredvd.com/

Digitally remastered in 1080i with 5.1 surround in original anamorphic widescreen presentation from the original 16mm film. :buttrock:

I already have my preorder in for this baby!

austin_screens_feature1-1.jpg

B000FS9FE4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65934869_.jpg

YouTube TCM trailer for those who havn't ever seen the film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaThl3xjgSY

Last edited:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
really not a fan of the film - you wait about an hour for something to happen and then everyones dead in 15mins

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I've only seen the newer version. I think there's another one coming out soon or something... I saw the poster board in my theater the other day.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
DYK they're releasing TCM: The Beginning in theatres this Fall? I found out about it last night and was shocked but also not shocked at the same time. It will make money, period, despite its potential lack of quality.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The idea of watching this film (or any movie like this) in HD is kind of strange.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Funny, I just assumed everybody loved this film. It's not a cheesy slasher like Nightmare on Elm St or Friday the 13th, just one of the most creepy horror flicks ever made. It was a low budget independent film, but easily in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I could easily jack off to the last scene.

evil son

Bead Banger
yeah i have the hamburger case one that came out a while back
great movie.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Jessica Biel was so damn hot! in the remake and she looks better than the original woman in the original movie. I can't wait to see the original one again.

How many Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies were there because I remember seeing a new one remake or a remake back in the early 1990's? :spock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I don't get it.

You say that it has been remastered in 1080i but then post a pic of the box for the regular dvd?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I don't get it.

You say that it has been remastered in 1080i but then post a pic of the box for the regular dvd?

Yeah, you don't get it. This will be hard to explain, go ask DashK. Yes, you can have 1080i on a DVD.

If you have a movie in 1080i, a DVD player in 480p, and a TV that displays 1080i your television should recognize the 1080i source on the disc.

Disc resolution and display resolution are the two main factors that decide what you see on your screen.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I suppose I will have to see a proper high-def screen and a proper hi-def DVD on said screen before I can appreciate why something like this release is a big deal.

I'm not saying it's not really, just that I have a regular TV, a regular DVD player and a copy of TCM (original) from Best Buy for $12.99 it it seems absolutley peachy to me.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have nothing to add, except this:

the minute I have to ask Dashk to explain something to me, is the day I decide to cut off the PENIS and in with the VAGINA

(I capitalized those words because I saw that neobuyer was looking at this thread)

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
roker said:
I have nothing to add, except this:

the minute I have to ask Dashk to explain something to me, is the day I decide to cut off the PENIS and in with the VAGINA

(I capitalized those words because I saw that neobuyer was looking at this thread)

Well, both my hetero AND homosexual sides thank you roker.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
neobuyer said:
I suppose I will have to see a proper high-def screen and a proper hi-def DVD on said screen before I can appreciate why something like this release is a big deal.

I'm not saying it's not really, just that I have a regular TV, a regular DVD player and a copy of TCM (original) from Best Buy for $12.99 it it seems absolutley peachy to me.

The current Texas Chainsaw Massacre DVD is letterboxed, not true widescreen. Here's a simple example.

TCM-1.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Yeah, you don't get it. This will be hard to explain, go ask DashK. Yes, you can have 1080i on a DVD.

If you have a movie in 1080i, a DVD player in 480p, and a TV that displays 1080i your television should recognize the 1080i source on the disc.

Disc resolution and display resolution are the two main factors that decide what you see on your screen.

Sorry ResO, but you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

You and DashK should hang out together, so you can keep each other informed of the latest misinformation.

What kind of moron would buy this instead of waiting for the HDDVD anyway?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Ah, that does make sense.

What about with a projector?

At some point, I start thinking that watching on the wall with a good projector get's real close to being in the theater.

ResOGlas said:
The current Texas Chainsaw Massacre DVD is letterboxed, not true widescreen. Here's a simple example.

TCM-1.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Sorry ResO, but you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

You and DashK should hang out together, so you can keep each other informed of the latest misinformation.
I can't guaruntee that this film will output 1080i without buying and testing out the signal through my service menu while my player is just set to 480p. Galfordo, you are a layman. Disc source and display capability are what matters. Of course the vast majority of DVDs are 480i/p and will not display at 1080i without upconversion from a player. If the disc is 1080i you don't need the said upconversion. It's the same as the few 1080i PS2 releases, such as Tourist Trophy shown below being recognized as a 1080i signal.
PS2-1080i005.jpg

What kind of moron would buy this instead of waiting for the HDDVD anyway?
A true fan that doesn't want to wait 4 years for them to finally get around to it. When was the last time you heard of a small company like "Dark Sky Films" planning on releasing any HD DVD titles?