9 Dead at Umpqua Community College, Oregon

What race is the shooter?

• Total voters

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Maybe that doesn't apply to Mormons (and Muslims) as they are saturated in that lifestyle since they are born and it's hard to outgrow/leave it. Also, the Bible preaches that Christians should be ready (and willing) to be thrown into the Lion's den for their faith, and here you are... bitching and yelling "hate crime". Some "spiritual warrior" you are.

ha, you act like I'm calling this a hate crime. notice how I didn't jump on the "OMG FAMOUS GUY NAILS IT ON THE HEAD" bandwagon most (if not all) Fundamental republicans would have immediately jumped on when he tweeted this shit. I called it what it was, an interesting opinion.

Also, this mormon hate is tired. If you don't like me because I don't think like you that's your fucking problem, not mine.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Need? fucking Need? You need a fucking gun do you?

You pretty much summed it up. 10 years since I've joined this site, the same threads get brought up over and over again and nothing changes because your culture is literally the problem. I'm actually surprised by how many members are posting up how to make "home-made" bombs and guns if necessary. "Normal people" don't know this shit, the most I would do or even consider doing is throw a fork in the microwave and hope it works. lol

When our government said "No more guns, you're not responsible enough" our typical aussie response was "Alright, fair enough".
But then our nations are very different

You should listen to your president.
But you are a "normal" person who wouldn't think of doing something like this. Anyone that would actually want to do this can find a way. As kids (starting around 9 years old), every 4th of July we made some fireworks for fun. They were basically small bombs.

If a 9 year old can make a small bomb for fun, what makes you think a disturbed person who has plenty of time to plan can't come up with something bigger? Guns are not the issue. The people are.

Ever read about Switzerland?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
1) Agreed with having a better mental health care system. That one is obvious. Though I don't see anyone on the gun side advocating for that to happen.

2) You really sound paranoid. Are you really that afraid of your free will being imposed on by having stricter gun laws? That's some bullshit and you know it. They aren't advocating to taking our guns away, all i've been hearing from the president is to make guns less accessible. The only thing i've heard so far from the gun side is more people with guns.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am amused when people on the outside of America, like Kristian Meller, attack it.

It makes America stronger.

The danger is when it's attacked from the inside.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, that's horrifying. But you have yet to answer the question of what should or can be done about it, barring the possible existence of magic or perhaps a super-hero who could collect all guns in the United States at super speed or something. I love it when someone points out a problem everyone is already aware of while offering zero in the way of possible solutions.

Another question is why it matters so much to you. Just relax in your insulated European utopian state in your half-timbered house with your smug Dane arrogance and impotent outrage over something that affects you not at all, and don't ever visit the United States. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
With both males and females sporting vaginas, how does Scandinavia hope to have any future?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
now compare knife or stabbing related deaths in the US vs the rest of the world. If we have a gun problem, the rest of the world has GOT to have a knife problem.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I think all homicide statistics should be broken down into people that did and didn't deserve it.

I don't really care if two gangs shoot each other, in fact I'd pay to watch from a safe viewing gallery if someone with some money wants to set up a new theme park.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Good job sidestepping the homemade bomb issue.

WHOOPS.

Hey, good job keeping me honest. I didn't sidestep the issue intentionally; it really slipped my mind.

I'm not totally anti-gun...I just like them in my Confidential Mission cabinets, & Golgo 13 comics. ;^)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Oregon shooter was on Lithium, considering his online handle in like 6 different sites was Lithium_Lover.
He may have been bipolar and on psychotropic drugs.

*lithy gets put on another watchlist*

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Holy shit, an American judge called Burger.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Pointless to argue with murcans about muh guhns, every shitass eurotrash member here should know this.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Yeah what a great Justice. That quote by the way is from a fucking Parade magazine opinion piece, unlike this gem from an actual Supreme Court opinion.

A concurring opinion by Chief Justice Warren E. Burger cited the “ancient roots” of prohibitions against homosexual sex, quoting William Blackstone’s description of homosexual sex as an “infamous crime against nature”, worse than rape, and “a crime not fit to be named”. Burger concluded: “To hold that the act of homosexual sodomy is somehow protected as a fundamental right would be to cast aside millennia of moral teaching.”

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Maybe we need guns, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself

We have them and they're here to stay so you either get with the program or get left in the dust

Marek

Banned
If I could magic wand away all the guns in the world, I would do it in less than one second,.

You fucking city people.... :oh_no:

Its elk hunting season where I live and I'm going to learn how to clean and pack out an animal this year. I suppose I shouldnt be able to shoot it with a gun.

I think I understand your logic though. If I lived some place like California where the environment is magic wanding away the entire water supply, I'd probably be more afraid of other people and their guns too.

Of course I agree with you on all counts about the piss poor state of our mental health services in this country. But magic wanding the guns away is so utterly ridiculous....

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
If making a bomb is so easy then why are most people here in the states using guns as their main choice of weapon when it comes to these mass shooting? Especially when bombs are even more accessible in terms of getting the material and in affordability? See the biggest detriment with bombs is that they are kinda hard to sneak into a school or a movie theater without having someone else finding out. I highly doubt that these people would resort to using bombs mainly because of all the obstacles they would have to jump through.

I don't know much about making your own weapons but i highly doubt they are as effective as what you can get from gun manufacturers. Please tell me if i'm wrong. Again, I doubt you can get an effective killing machine out of something that is homemade. And part of what makes guns so dangerous aside from them having a high fatality rate is that some of these guns are easy to conceal.

There a a few courses of actions we can take as a nation like making stricter gun laws, but doing nothing is not an acceptable answer.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
a good law would be to restrict purchase of handguns until 21 so they are mature enough to handle the responsibility?

regardless of bombs being easy sticks being procureable etc. as much restriction as would be put on legally procuring, the kids are Stealing them from their relatives and if they couldn't find one there there are illegal guns too...do gangs buy them from stores, ever? well maybe they do by finding someone qualified, so how much more difficult can you make it for 'normals' because of what lawbreakers do?

when someone is willing to die and wants to kill others how difficult it is to get one or not having a gun really isn't the issue?The 'rare' crazy ass psycho killed five less people cuz they couldn't find a gun and used a knife or more because they decided to use bomb(s) instead, while stressed out single mom gets raped or something else like that happens because of all the new 'tighter gun laws' what kind of actual solution is that?

Last edited:

StevenK

10 Year Member
If making a bomb is so easy then why are most people here in the states using guns as their main choice of weapon when it comes to these mass shooting?

My guess would be that the victim of a shooting stares in the eyes of his killer whereas bombing is more distant and anonymous. So probably a power thing.

Just my guess.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
guess: slightly depressed or disturbed kid got drugged and decided nothing mattered(just like their feelings that also disappeared) and remembered uncle bob, their neighbors or friends parents or heaven forbid even their own had a gun...

so yeah some of them could be avoided if guns weren't so plentiful. maybe. should I feel guilty if some kid stole mine after randomly breaking in? its not like I advertise but they could get the idea from seeing the cases put in the car rarely?

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...I generally think the US gun laws are batshit crazee... but THEN... I think... what happens when there's a Zombie Apocalypse...

The UK would be FOOKED!... NO GUNS!

xROTx

PS. Then again.. what happens if the Zombies learnt how to use guns? 'Murika... would be DOOMED!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
2nd-Amendment-Grammar.gif

"A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to a healthy diet, the right of the people to keep and bear bacon, shall not be infringed."
Now who has the right to eat bacon, the breakfast or the people?
Also, if you're going to argue the 2A applies only to militias, read the federalist papers and the case law surrounding what defines a militia in the United States and realize that includes EVERY ABLE BODIED PERSON AGE 18 TO 45.

Additionally, the 2A DOES NOT GRANT THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. It says this is an INNATE RIGHT, and disallows the government from infringing upon it.
In fact, the 2A is quite possibly the only important amendment, as it DEFENDS EVERY OTHER AMENDMENT BY FORCE OF ARMS.

America is a country founded by a militia, we all still remember that governments become tyrants very quickly, and the only way to defend your rights is through violence.

StevenK

10 Year Member
2nd-Amendment-Grammar.gif

"A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to a healthy diet, the right of the people to keep and bear bacon, shall not be infringed."
Now who has the right to eat bacon, the breakfast or the people?
Also, if you're going to argue the 2A applies only to militias, read the federalist papers and the case law surrounding what defines a militia in the United States and realize that includes EVERY ABLE BODIED PERSON AGE 18 TO 45.

Additionally, the 2A DOES NOT GRANT THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. It says this is an INNATE RIGHT, and disallows the government from infringing upon it.
In fact, the 2A is quite possibly the only important amendment, as it DEFENDS EVERY OTHER AMENDMENT BY FORCE OF ARMS.

America is a country founded by a militia, we all still remember that governments become tyrants very quickly, and the only way to defend your rights is through violence.

Yeah but even if you interpret it the way it's interpreted above you have to agree it should be open to some flexibility. Do you think 46 year olds should have to give up their guns? Should people in wheelchairs only be allowed to bear carrots? From the bits I hear most of the time the talk is of gun control, not banning guns, it's just tweaking a few things, meh.

Also how do you remember that governments become tyrants very quickly? How old are you?

This is all getting very silly, like it always does.