A drawing

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Portrait of a friend I drew today in No. 2 pencil. And, no, it's not the older woman I was sleeping with, but, funnily enough, they both happen to have the same first name. She has MS and loves cats like me, that's how I know this particular lady. Kind of a depressing experience (she's in a wheelchair and in worse shape than I am, so, thinking of her and her life makes me dwell on my future, could have beens, and shit like that). I probably shouldn't have agreed to draw her when she asked me to, but, I have a hard time saying no, especially to women. I put it off for weeks, partly because I've been busy with work and I don't want to do anything anymore, but, if I've got time to fuck around with LEGOs, I've got time to keep a promise to her.

IMG_20210416_195536790_50_1_41.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Paula Deen?
I kid. Good portrait. A lot of people say that most tattoo artists are either portrait tattooers, or everything else tattooers. Your ability to do so much artistically in different mediums is awesome, M.

Reactions: @M

@M

20 Year Member
I'm a little worried about her. She sent me a message that her boyfriend is a Navy captain pilot overseas that's coming to see her, but she can't tell me much because of "security". While that's possible, I think it's far more likely that he's one of those scammers looking to take advantage of her. It's disgusting how men/women exploit sick people looking for love like that. I just told her to be careful, especially if he asks her for money for anything; that security hush-hush sets off a red flag for me in particular and strikes me as an attempt to keep her from talking about him with others that will see through his bullshit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We can make a War Room thread on what's ethical and not ethical when it comes to old people spending their money.

@M

20 Year Member
I know a lot of people, young and old, that get taken. I have a 37 year old friend who's fallen for it several times. She's desperate to find someone (she even wanted to move across the country to live with me and I told her no), so, she tends to latch onto anyone that shows an interest in her, and, unfortunately, they're always playing games.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
That's a good portrait! I've never been good at drawing human faces myself, but you definitely have a good grasp on your proportions. Always enjoy seeing your art M!

Reactions: @M

@M

20 Year Member
Tell her to get a guardian ad litem
That's like a Final Fantasy summon, right? Alexander with lawyers on his battlements? How many MP does it take to cast?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's like a Final Fantasy summon, right? Alexander with lawyers on his battlements? How many MP does it take to cast?
State will probably pay the mana. She’s covered.