A moment of silence, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Well, I saw this a few days ago, and I guess I would like to comment after all. This is a very sad passing; I've told my friends and parents about it, who aren't even members of the board. When I read of it, it really put me out for some time, partly because he was my age, and partly because I would have liked to have gotten to know him better. I would always enjoy crusing around the boards and spotting his sig. While I didn't know him well enough to say that he was my friend, I did see his posts quite often, and I always respected him as a fellow Neo fan. I am sure he was as great as people who knew him say he was. Looks like he had a cool set-up as well. I know it sounds trite, but he will be missed. God bless his family.

Queequeg

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i agree, retire the avatar.

also, on a side note, i thought i would inform you of some of the other memorials that are being planed.

1) one of his professors is looking to make a grant in Steve's honor.

2) the student government is planing on making a memorial book

S

SNK4ever'saunt

Hi all,
I am Steve's Aunt Julie. Steve's mom is my older sister and Uncle Howard is my husband. We just found this site a couple of days ago and I just want to express to all of you how touched we are on the response to Steve's accident and his passing. This is so difficult for all of us to accept, but for to see how well liked he was is just so touching. I along with Howard just wanted to let you all know how nice this is to see. Also, I saw that the school is preparing to have a grant in his name and make a memorial book. The President of Cal College also informed Steve's mom and dad that Cal College will present them with Steve's diploma. Again, I just felt I needed to thank you all for the kind words expressed to the family in this sad time. Thank- you and God Bless. Julie

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SNK4ever'saunt:
Hi all,
I am Steve's Aunt Julie. Steve's mom is my older sister and Uncle Howard is my husband. We just found this site a couple of days ago and I just want to express to all of you how touched we are on the response to Steve's accident and his passing. This is so difficult for all of us to accept, but for to see how well liked he was is just so touching. I along with Howard just wanted to let you all know how nice this is to see. Also, I saw that the school is preparing to have a grant in his name and make a memorial book. The President of Cal College also informed Steve's mom and dad that Cal College will present them with Steve's diploma. Again, I just felt I needed to thank you all for the kind words expressed to the family in this sad time. Thank- you and God Bless. Julie
I can only wich the best of luck and strength from now for your family.

Steve will be missed. We already are missing him. :(

your post is very welcome. :)

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
I spoken with Steve a few times and we shared a mutual love for '57 Thunderbirds.

My condolences go out to his family in this difficult time and my prayers are with Steve.

I'm rather ashamed to say that I just noticed this sad news now, which is why I'm posting so late. crying

God Speed, Steve. Like your name on these boards, our memory of you will also last "4EVER".

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
SNK4ever'saunt:
Hi all,
Hello Aunt Julie. I would just like to say Thank You for stopping by and please send our love to Steves parents. Steve was a fine human being and a young man his mother and father could be proud of. We share your pain and mourn the loss of a true and honest, caring and loving person.

I am sure no words will help the pain we all feel and our only strength is our faith in God knowing Steve is with the father in a much better place than we are.

Steve's friend....Sonny Wessels

Queequeg

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am a friend of steve's from school. A very good friend of steve's. I want you all to know that every night before I go to bed I read this site. I must tell you I believe he would be deeply honored and touched by how many of you responded. I also must tell you on a personal note that I cared for him in a way that words can't express. He was a great guy and I feel both honored and blessed to say I knew him. He meant everything to me. There is hole inside of me that will never go away. I can say that this site means alot to me. He will always live on in my heart.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens"
That is where he is at. I miss you my darling. I truely always will.
Liz

L

less than joseph

GamersAbyss:
SNK4ever'saunt:
Hi all,
Hello Aunt Julie. I would just like to say Thank You for stopping by and please send our love to Steves parents. Steve was a fine human being and a young man his mother and father could be proud of. We share your pain and mourn the loss of a true and honest, caring and loving person.

I am sure no words will help the pain we all feel and our only strength is our faith in God knowing Steve is with the father in a much better place than we are.

Steve's friend....Sonny Wessels
Couldnt have said it better myself. Steve was a wonderful guy and I am deeply sorry for your loss. Please stay strong and thank you for coming by.

-Joseph Paine

<small>[ February 24, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: joseph ]</small>

NeoFreakWolf

Marked Wolf
I only had a few pm's with him, mostly I remember asking him about how he got K' as his Avitar (it wasn't availible yet then). I think now I'll keep K' as my own Avitar for quite some time after this, since it's the only way I can think to honor him. A very sad day for the community, as another gamer and his AES are silenced forever. I can only hope that he's rockin' the Neo up in heaven right now, with every game made for the Neo Geo. Now that's my idea of heaven. When I die, I'd like to be cremated, and then have my ashes wrapped airtight in some plastic wrap, and then put inside specialy built compartments inside my Neo Geo systems & games.

His name was SNK4EVER, and he couldn't have been more right. SNK4EVER brother.

crying

snkool

Camel Slug
This is sad news, my condolences. Maybe the skeptics are being skeptic because this is hard news to take.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I don't mean any disrespect, but I was just looking at some of Steve's last posts, and his signature really freaks me out... A flaming car... That's really eerie. The poor guy... I wish that this kind of thing never has to happen...

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
He loved his car and I don't see it as being scary in anyway. Even though I do understand where you're coming from and that is just my opinion.

<small>[ February 25, 2003, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Alkanan ]</small>

Rob

Armored Scrum Object
God, this is really bad news ...
I was away since today because my grandmother died a few days ago, and now reading this makes me just more sad as I already was.

I hope he will rest in peace, now that he's in a better world ...

snk4ever 4ever

L

less than joseph

dmhawkmoon:
I don't mean any disrespect, but I was just looking at some of Steve's last posts, and his signature really freaks me out... A flaming car... That's really eerie. The poor guy... I wish that this kind of thing never has to happen...
Its from the movie Christine. Its about a car that gets possesive of its owners and eventually murders the people that the owner is close to. But yeah its just a conincedence.

-joseph

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
joseph:
dmhawkmoon:
Its from the movie Christine. Its about a car that gets possesive of its owners and eventually murders the people that the owner is close to. But yeah its just a conincedence.

-joseph
Still.. It IS slightly eerie though.. spock

Steve's Aunt and Uncle: I wish you strength. Death in the family is always hard for everyone, especially when it was someone as young as Steve. crying

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Oha...

I´m sorry for his family...and of course for him too!!! crying

All in all, live must go on, and shit happens sometimes more often than usual...

That´s life!!!

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
dmhawkmoon:
I can assure you the flaming car has no connection. He had it for a long time, and only because he liked the movie "Christine".

On a side note, Steve was laid to rest yesterday morning. I was one of the paul bearers.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
RiotoftheBlood:
[On a side note, Steve was laid to rest yesterday morning. I was one of the paul bearers.
It's still not quite real to me yet. I'm still in a state of denial about it.

Spike

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Queequeg:
I am a friend of steve's from school. A very good friend of steve's. I want you all to know that every night before I go to bed I read this site. I must tell you I believe he would be deeply honored and touched by how many of you responded. I also must tell you on a personal note that I cared for him in a way that words can't express. He was a great guy and I feel both honored and blessed to say I knew him. He meant everything to me. There is hole inside of me that will never go away. I can say that this site means alot to me. He will always live on in my heart.
Liz
All this time I thought you were here for the neogeo.

tattoo

Marked Wolf
Queequeg:
Liz
Travis, if this is who i think it is and from what Steve used to tell me about her. you will need to do some explaining to me by pm and sorry that i missed you at the wake.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
tattoo:
Queequeg:
Liz
Travis, if this is who i think it is and from what Steve used to tell me about her. you will need to do some explaining to me by pm and sorry that i missed you at the wake.
That's her.

Status
Not open for further replies.