A moment of silence, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidern98

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This is really horrible and truly hits home for me. I apologize for the late post. A friend of mine died just a year ago (23rd of FEB) and she was very dear to me... She died from a heroine overdose... After her death, her sister lost herself and became empty. I tried to console her and be there for her everyday. She (her sister)was addicted to drugs, mostly heroine. I tried to be there for her and tried to take on the pain for her... I wanted to see her off of the drugs so she could live on and accept the pain of her sisters loss..... But then I got into it as well... I lost myself in grief and wanted to die as well... Then I overdosed in her bedroom and came 30 seconds away from death... I barely lived. After that, I realized there was nothing I could do and pulled my life back together and quit all the horrible shit. After reading all of these posts and seeing Steves picture and all the people who loved him, I have been able to put life in a new perspective. I feel like a dick... I was doing something wrong and should have died over him... here was a good man who touched alot of people, who died from an accident due to nothing he did wrong. Even though I never knew him, I will keep him in my heart as I continue to play my Neo and post on this board. For all of you who have that horrible hole in your heart, please try to realize that he is still here in spirit, just not in flesh.... He is with God now, like so many we have lost. This will help, I promise. My true and utter sympathies go out to all those affected by this tragety. A tear in my eye and a pain in my heart for all of this sorrow.

Thanks SNK4EVER, for showing all of these people what being kind and true is all about. Be proud of your loved ones as you look down from heaven.

C

Carly

Hey everyone--my name is Carly and I am one of Steve's 4 cousins. I just want to tell all of you, like my Aunt Julie did that what everyone is saying is truly appreciated. Steve really was a GREAT guy, and he will most definetly be missed. My sister Chelsea and I used to hang out with Steve everyday when we were younger, and the recent news has just broken my heart...but he is in a better place, and I know that he can see all that everyone is saying about him, and it is sure make him happy for all eternity...thank you all so much for your kind words ~~Carly

aria

Former Moderator
We appreciate your visit, Carly, your cousin is deeply missed.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
It's sad to see someone die like this. So young, and SO not his time. :(

R.I.P. SNK4EVER

<small>[ February 27, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: VinylBoy ]</small>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SNK4ever'saunt:
Hi all,
I am Steve's Aunt Julie. Steve's mom is my older sister and Uncle Howard is my husband. We just found this site a couple of days ago and I just want to express to all of you how touched we are on the response to Steve's accident and his passing. This is so difficult for all of us to accept, but for to see how well liked he was is just so touching. I along with Howard just wanted to let you all know how nice this is to see. Also, I saw that the school is preparing to have a grant in his name and make a memorial book. The President of Cal College also informed Steve's mom and dad that Cal College will present them with Steve's diploma. Again, I just felt I needed to thank you all for the kind words expressed to the family in this sad time. Thank- you and God Bless. Julie
Carly:
Hey everyone--my name is Carly and I am one of Steve's 4 cousins. I just want to tell all of you, like my Aunt Julie did that what everyone is saying is truly appreciated. Steve really was a GREAT guy, and he will most definetly be missed. My sister Chelsea and I used to hang out with Steve everyday when we were younger, and the recent news has just broken my heart...but he is in a better place, and I know that he can see all that everyone is saying about him, and it is sure make him happy for all eternity...thank you all so much for your kind words ~~Carly
thanks for coming here to say your kind words. we all wish that we could speak with him one more time at least to tell him how much we liked him .......... he won't be forgetten

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Wow, I just checked the site for the first time since this happened. It's terrible when someone is cut down in their prime...he will be missed!

Mr. T

Kuroko's Training Dummy
WOW - I havent visited here for almost a month now, and I come back to see this...

I didnt know SNK4EVER at all, I didnt even talk to him here, but I do remember reading his posts here and he seemed like a good guy. He seemed very straightforward and talked no BS in his posts. 22 Years old is WAY too young for someone to die, and I almost came to tears reading this thread.

Its almost like I knew SNK4EVER for a long time, I feel a lot of sadness rignt now for him.

Mr. Steve Howarth, Rest in Peace Sir. God Bless...

Isaac

Blaster Keaton

Marked Wolf
Just looking at this thread, aside from passing scenes of terrible wrecks is showing me how to become a better driver, and that this "freedom" is no joke.

2 years ago, I fell asleep at the wheel, and I was lucky the only thing I hit was a speed limit sign. A SUV swerved out of my way.

<small>[ February 27, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Blaster Keaton ]</small>

JRock917

, ,
I did not know this fella as well as many of you, but I read these forums as I get the chance and came across this post. The loss of a human life is bad enough in of itself, but the loss of a fellow neophyte makes the loss even greater.

Gamers are a special breed- we all share a sort of "brotherhood" simply because of the interactive medium that brings us together to play and enables us to befriend each other. People who share the passion for SNK share even more of a bond as we do here in these forums.

SNK4EVER was not just any kind of gamer- he was a neo-geo gamer, and as such I truly respect him for being who he was as his name implies. As I read the posts, it became very clear to me that he was one heck of a guy as well, you know just an all around good person. A member of our community has passed from us, and we all feel the loss. My condolences to all his friends and family as well.

So, to Steve aka SNK4EVER I hope you are happy in the next life and that you will remember us as we will remember you. Maybe one day we can all be reunited around that big arcade cabinet in the clouds :) . One love buddy.

Jason

moyetor

n00b
My condolences to his family, even I did not know him I remember sometimes see him on the forums, such a tragic luck.

Vaya con Dios.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My condolences go out to him and his loved ones.

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
When I was just a newbie here Steve sold me my first game and he also threw in some free SNK cards to along with it as a surpise gift. He was by far one of the nicest and friendliest guys I've ever met here. My condolescense go out to him and to everyone he loves...rest in peace Steve.

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
Being the lurker that I am I have gotten used to reading and enjoying SNK4EVERs posts for a long time. My sincere appolgies to his loved ones.

Sancho

Cheng's Errand Boy
crying

I would like to say i dont know who this guy is but his spirit must be very stong. I have read all of the post in this thread and at this moment i am about to cry. crying I havent cried for someone since my mother died in '95. I must say whoever this guy is R.I.P

I really do feel for his Family and Friends especially.

Is it right to be crying for someone you never met or dont know.

SNK4EVER!!!! <----- as the name says.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Best wishes to his family and friends. Never dealt with him, but I truly love his name "SNK4EVER".

-PEACE-

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I loss of life is always tragic.
it seems comforting to know that some of his life remains in the neo forums.

X-death

Raiden's Valet
Poor Chap, I didn't really know SNK4EVER but I think it sucks that he died. frown

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
my condolences to all friends and family i did not talk to you much snk4ever but when i did it was a great chat.

rip snk4ever

best regards ,Jon

Mike Black

n00b
Man that is sad, I never knew he lived in Indiana specially Whiting/Munster Area. I probally knew him when I was a kid cus the name sounds very familar and we are really close in age. The other sad thing is when I read the article I heard my Great Grandma in my head yelling at me to "take the toll road! Its safer!"

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Even though i'm a newbie in this forum, I feel really sad. It's sad to hear friends you love suddenly leave you. I grieve for his family and I hope SNK4LIFE can reast on piece forever. :( :o

<small>[ March 05, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Yuri-chan ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Even though i'm a newbie in this forum, I feel really sad. It's sad to hear friends you love suddenly leave you. I grieve for his family and I hope SNK4LIFE can reast on piece forever.
It's SNK4EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.