A new consolized MVS has dropped, the "Open MVS" AKA "OMVS"

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Any pointers on sourcing MV1C boards these days for the kits? Seems like ~$100 and most listings are from China/Mexico. The video SmokeMonester did about snapping them up for $50? seems potentially outdated.
Buy them from wherever in the world has the best price, because as long as they're in working condition, once you install the Unibios they're all the same.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
We just need an FPGA replacement system already, one that supports MVS/AES/CD and does HDMI output.

Fuck 3D printed shells, and MV1Cs.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
We just need an FPGA replacement system already, one that supports MVS/AES/CD and does HDMI output.

Fuck 3D printed shells, and MV1Cs.

Yeah, FUCK the Neo Geo. Fucking piece of shit.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I know this topic is over a year old, but this kit sounds like a fun project. If anyone else is on the fence about getting an OMVS shell (like me) because of the $100 price, I noticed on the LaserBear website that you can order shell with imperfections for $30. I ordered one, and it is really nice. I can’t even see the imperfections. The only drawback, is the color will be random (I luckily received a red one). And also, it may or may not have the OMVS logo cutout.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
$100 for a decorative cover that is extremely weak and doesn’t do anything…that’s a lot?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I know this topic is over a year old, but this kit sounds like a fun project. If anyone else is on the fence about getting an OMVS shell (like me) because of the $100 price, I noticed on the LaserBear website that you can order shell with imperfections for $30. I ordered one, and it is really nice. I can’t even see the imperfections. The only drawback, is the color will be random (I luckily received a red one). And also, it may or may not have the OMVS logo cutout.
Where's the photo?
BB

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The words "fun project" strike fear in my heart, just because everything I started thinking it would be a "fun project" turned into a frustrating time sink nightmare.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I noticed on the LaserBear website that you can order shell with imperfections for $30. I ordered one, and it is really nice. I can’t even see the imperfections. The only drawback, is the color will be random (I luckily received a red one). And also, it may or may not have the OMVS logo cutout.
I bought one of those (full-priced) cases a couple of Black Fridays ago. My case was not perfect - I had to widen the front holes to get the buttons to press smoothly.

IMG_20211212_231152~2.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The words "fun project" strike fear in my heart, just because everything I started thinking it would be a "fun project" turned into a frustrating time sink nightmare.
It's not too bad at all, really.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I guess if you can stand the wavy gravy look of 3D printing these are great. Hopefully they won’t sag from heat exposure.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's fun, as long as you learn something. As long as you're time hasn't been wasted. That's one way of seeing it.