A pirate's life....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
is nordvpn worth getting ?

Coincidentally, again my NordVPN hasn't been working the past few days, so I went to its Help Center, followed the steps for what to do, and it's working without a hitch now. Really great customer support, imo.

I think it's absolutely worth it, especially at the 100 dollar, three-year plan. That's unbeatable.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You're just going to circle back into cable tv packages but TCP/IP app based. Having 2 or 3 major apps was good for the customers but they had to get greedy, didn't they? Golden egg goose and all that.

Piracy is a service problem, once said a fat man who's obscenely rich now.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Coincidentally, again my NordVPN hasn't been working the past few days, so I went to its Help Center, followed the steps for what to do, and it's working without a hitch now. Really great customer support, imo.

I think it's absolutely worth it, especially at the 100 dollar, three-year plan. That's unbeatable.

It now on for $90 for 2 years, I don’t use it often just on a few streaming shows/site that blocks me for region issues on is us and the other is Chinese.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I 100% back NordVPN. The hack they had a few months ago or last year was almost a non-issue. The place that was hacked had stuff that was no longer being used, from what I understood. I got in when they had something like a $75 for 3 year deal. It's consistently been great. The only thing I dont like is that while I have it set up on my Synology NAS, the NAS doesn't have an actual app for Nord, you to use an OpenVPN... thing, but put in your credentials for Nord. So it connects just fine, but if for whatever reason Nord fails, i dont have the option to have the internet killswitch enabled.

But honestly that's not really a huge issue. But yeah - Nord is great.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Haven't used NordVPN since they got hacked, switched to Private Internet Access instead. Working just fine. I think it's a bit cheaper too.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Don't use any VPN that logs traffic/IPs or has intelligence sharing pacts with the US. Nord is good in that regard. Also make sure you have proxies and/or a killswitch engaged for when your VPN craps out for whatever reason. Copyright nannies are ruthless with that shit.

I have a few streaming services (Shudder, HBO Max, Prime) and have Netflix and Disney+ logins from friends but I still download anything I want to keep.

24TBs of server storage, Radarr/Sonarr and a Usenet setup. Fuck these garbage companies.