A pirate's life....

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Everything was going well after cutting the cord several years ago... but now my streaming services have breached the $100 mark.
* Hulu (no adds) + Live Television
* HBO Max
* Netflix family

My VPN is less than $10 a month...
To quote the infamous advertising of the Atari Jaguar , "Do the Math"

I went several years without considering pirating, to pirating on a weekly basis. That's on top of the $100 in streaming services.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Indeed.

tumblr_inline_phqpyn8VnH1re8q43_1280.png

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Same. I have Hulu+, Netflix and Disney+, oh and Prime video because I have a prime account but I dont watch much there. I also use HBOMax but I use my brother in laws login.

If a cool show is out there and its not on a streaming platform, I pirate that shit. We got the first episode of that new Alan Tudyk show, Resident Alien. Pretty good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everything was going well after cutting the cord several years ago... but now my streaming services have breached the $100 mark.
* Hulu (no adds) + Live Television
* HBO Max
* Netflix family

My VPN is less than $10 a month...
To quote the infamous advertising of the Atari Jaguar , "Do the Math"

I went several years without considering pirating, to pirating on a weekly basis. That's on top of the $100 in streaming services.

Which VPN?I got Nord for three years for 100 dollars, it's good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Their customer service is very solid. Sometimes it wasn't working over here so I emailed them and they sent back a solution that worked.

People don't like the name, implying they're from northern Europe when really they're based in South America, but idgaf

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
It really was only a matter of time. Charter increased their base internet price unless you’re also bundled. All the content publishers are just saying screw it and making their own service. Ironically if you subscribe to many of these a la carte services, it’s cheaper just to get a standard cable package. This will normally include the premium service logins to the digital apps.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I use ExpressVPN because the speed has always been very good. It's not as fast as my base speed, but it can get pretty close. Never had an outage.

I forgot about amazon prime. there's some good stuff on there. If it was just me, I would only have Netflix. My partner still watches 2 channels that require live TV.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I use ExpressVPN because the speed has always been very good. It's not as fast as my base speed, but it can get pretty close. Never had an outage.

I forgot about amazon prime. there's some good stuff on there. If it was just me, I would only have Netflix. My partner still watches 2 channels that require live TV.
I just pirate stuff from live tv if I want to watch it. Except sports, never been a sportsball fan.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm too lazy to pirate shit.

We currently get Amazon Prime through our $90/mo for two lines phone plan. We have $10 internet because of the whole remote learning BS. Between that and regular OTA television we have more than enough to watch.

The only thing I can recall pirating in probably a decade or more The Mandalorian and I just bought BDs because I couldn't get assed to download it myself.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I am totally happy with just Amazon Prime (which has gotten shittier rather than better IMO) and Pluto TV

lithy

20 Year Member
I am totally happy with just Amazon Prime (which has gotten shittier rather than better IMO) and Pluto TV

I just discovered Pluto deep within my new smart tv last week. Looks like mostly garbage but its something to watch I guess.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
YouTube and Amazon Prime are good enough for me.

I’ll sub to Disney+ to get the Mandalorian then drop when the season is over.

The mass exodus from Netflix by other media companies killed their service for me. While it was really uneven in terms of quality show to show (and season to season) I really liked the Netflix MCU.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I am curious as to what's the next play here. This is clearly not sustainable.

Is a 3rd party going to merge it them into a single sign-on with discounts?
Who is going to merge all these companies? A netflix - Disney merger would pretty much put the squeeze on everyone else.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Every YouTuber ever is getting sponsored by NordVPN. Is it pretty solid?

They did get hacked about a year ago, so I’d steer clear. I’ve been using CyberGhost for awhile and it works great. Got three years for $80 over their Halloween sale.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

For us, yeah we can see through the bullshit.

But for the retards with families they'll bend over and say it's still a great deal. So many people paid the $30 RENTAL for Mulan last year and justified it because 'durr it's cheaper than the movies'.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Shitty as it is, at least you have better options when it comes to bang for your buck.

Not as good as...say...IPTorrents, but you know.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Oh the irony. You'd think people who could afford AES games would be able to afford the crap they're pirating.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Is a 3rd party going to merge it them into a single sign-on with discounts?
Who is going to merge all these companies? A netflix - Disney merger would pretty much put the squeeze on everyone else.

I don't know but something's got to give. With all this 3rd party bullshit popping up left and right the stuff I watched on 2 services is now spread out over like 8. I hope these companies realize that people just aren't willing to spend $10-15 a month to watch one or two shows and end up merging. 3 services I'm willing to pay for if I can get a bunch of stuff I want to watch with zero effort. HBO+, Prime and Netflix, I'm fine with.

Don't torrent shit, I don't have the patience to go looking for quality rips and half of the stuff I want to watch isn't widely seeded because it's obscure or foreign. I just end up buying a physical copy.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The question is not whether you can afford it but whether you want to buy it in the first place.

lithy

20 Year Member
According to the Super Bowl, Paramount+ is a thing now?