AES games: Different PCB colors?

ifkz

n00b
My loose gamer condition Real Bout Fatal Fury (1) came in the mail and I noticed something: The boards have a different color to them, one is white and the other is green. Everything matches up though, so I doubt this is a boot. Are there any other games, or other copies of this game that can also have the different PCB colors?

SNK quality control, I guess?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
usually they are the same color, does it look like any solder work was done to the back of one of them? i.e. replacement board.

ifkz

n00b
Okay, mark this one as SNK quality control. This is the first cart I opened and it is legit, no EPROMS of any sort, and the boards are all official SNK. Yea!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There are so many AES carts with different colored boards, depending on the revision and region, one game can have even both (boards of the same and of different colors). They can also be available with two sets of same colored PCBs. Some examples: Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, Ninja Master's, Art of Fighting 3.

SouthAmericaNeo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Old thread but I just got a Neo Geo AES cart with 2 different COlor PCB's. It also looks like it has been opened at least once. Maybe repaired?

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
What game is it ? Usually if it is not a 5000$+ game and the label looks nice (not too thick, glossy (except ADK games)), you're good.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Old thread but I just got a Neo Geo AES cart with 2 different COlor PCB's. It also looks like it has been opened at least once. Maybe repaired?

Some games are known to have two different color PCBs, like AOF here for example

aof.jpg

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I have a Japanese KOF 96 that has different board colors. I opened it up since it didn’t match arcade-collector pics, and it looks totally legit. So I’d say if it’s not a game that goes for more than a couple hundred bucks it’s probably just normal SNK variance or repair.