Aes Problem.

Shogeki

n00b
I was playing and suddently the screen turned all scrambled like that. (i tried other games and it doesnt make a change).
It seems like a power supply problem (i had a slot1 that took 12v instead of 5v)
I used a 9v power supply for a long time and it worked fine.

Here is a picture of the screen:

fuzz.jpg

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Does it do that same thing without a cartridge installed?

If it does, I'd say you have a bad Work RAM chip. It's a surface mount soldered chip.

RJ

Shogeki

n00b
I get this kind of stuffs with no cart in:

9.jpg

Where is the ram chips located on the board ? (what are they labeled ?)
I actually have another damaged aes board that i kept for pieces.

Thanx for your precious help.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Your picture is badly distorted. Is the TV picture really that distorted or is it a single color?

RJ

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
A solid green screen indicates bad Palette RAM but I'm wondering if you have something else going on since the system is coming up with a garbled screen with a cartridge installed.

RJ

Shogeki

n00b
the biso was modded a while ago, and i think the pin 1 and 40 might have unfortunatly got in contact together. (the resistor bended to as i was inserting carts).

So the Vcc and Vbb of the bios got in contact i think. (i don't really know what is the effect of that but it would explain the problems coming while i was playing).

27c1024.gif

i removed the debug bios and resoldered the pin 2 of the original bios and it's working now !

Thanx for you help, i should have noticed that before!

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Pin 1 and 40 are always connected together (it's done on the PCB) so there will have been something else shorting. And btw, why tapping voltage from pin 40 to pin 2 of the unibios when you can get it from another source so the resistor won't go around the bios and get touched by the cartridge?