AES + SCART + OSSC = FAIL

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
My component modded UniBios AES works fine on OSSC. But I bought a scart cable for it to see if it could look even better. Defective picture and no audio. Hooked a stock AES up to it and nothing at all. No audio or video. Bummer. That cable was $50. Back to using component to OSSC. ITS ON A NEW 85” Bravia OLED. Bought the scart from Retro Gaming Cables in UK.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Weird. Similar setup here and it's fine
Pics ?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Do you have a TV / monitor in the house whereby you can hook the neo & scart direct? Would elminate the cable being at fault (possibly... although don't know why the lead would be incompatible with the OSSC).

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I had a similar experience when I ran what was sold as JPN 21 pin into a xrgb.

Turns out, it was SCART (which of course, wired differently would give errors).

As others have said; the POF is most likely the cable.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Normally I'd point out that the TV supporting the output resolution and refresh from the OSSC is far from guaranteed, but since it's working with component, this would seem to rule that out.

Are you sure you have the RGB input selected?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I received my Genesis scart cable today and same issue. Funky pic and no sound. I think that my ossc is only for component. Here’s a link to the ossc I have. Any suggestions for one that supports stock AES, Genesis, Coregrafx would be cool. I’ll hang onto the scart cables.

Kaico Edition OSSC Open Source... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QF95QP3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Have you tried the 60hz mode on the OSSC? The Neo is 59hz something and some TVs really don't like it. That mode helps a lot.

If nothing works, it could be due to your component mod messing with the RGB signal. You have to tap the RGB signal from the motherboard when you install a neobitz or jrok in there.