AIRFRAME: Arcade Operating System and SKYCURSER Updates

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Skycurser is looking hot as ever! And Airframe holds lots of promise, very exciting stuff! Can't wait to try it out... Would love to own a home setup.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man, that's amazing guys the new hardware is really badass. Great job guys I would love to play this game, the sprite work is stunning!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So unbelievably excited for this whole project! I really hope you guys can net some other interested developers soon as well!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Any news on this? Hadn't heard anything in months, just curious if things are still moving along.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Any news on this? Hadn't heard anything in months, just curious if things are still moving along.

Check the sky curser thread and their fb page for all the up to date info

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
SKY CURSER LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED!!

Griffin Aerotech just announced on their podcast that Skycurser and the Airframe are going to officially go up for sale on Monday, April 3rd, on skycurser.com.

Let hype reign.

It will launch with 4 stages and 2 loops, additional missions coming as free DLC.
It will also launch with 2 player play. 2nd player controls a unique ship, to be revealed.

It will be available as:
- Japanese Candy Cab Kit
- American Cab Conversion Kit
- Dedicated Cabinet
No pricing yet.

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I recently ordered SkyCurser and have it set up in a NeoGeo cab right nowskycurser 2.JPG. Lovely game with strong influences of SNK, Metal Slug etc.

I'm not an operator but had to have it, a bit like getting NGDev stuff :-)

It was easy to connect to wifi, and an update is coming shortly to add stage 4. That will also get rid of the 'update available' message that appears bottom right of screen.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
WTF is this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skycurser-Deluxe-Arcade-Game-AWESOME-/131904298470?hash=item1eb61bdde6:g:HhwAAOSwRoxXmmrO

I'm familiar with the owner/company (All Castle Games) as they are local to me, just disappointed I guess.......

Such a fun game deserves a proper conversion/arcade cabinet. This makeshift golf style cabinet doesn't do it justice. :shame:

That's a converted Tekken 5 with a new monitor if I'm telling right by the 3 dark ass photos.
I'm really debating ordering the game at MGC this year :)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
So he's charging over a grand for a busted ass cab?

I been watching that listing for a bit, he was asking over 3k.
I took a decent shape Dynamo HS-5 and just did the proper Woody conversion to it and it's a sick looking cab. Game is fun, and I really appreciate that Jamma style games are still being developed. Super excited for the follow up games and apparently someone else is developing for the platform too. I got the candy cab artwork too though so I can slip it into an Astro when I get tired of standing. Hind site I kind of wish I had just stuck with the candy cab version for home use though but everyone who comes over gets drawn to that cab first so at least lots of people are enjoying even the kids.
2572c8b86f4bfd3446bb2ee4d8468dc9.jpg

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I been watching that listing for a bit, he was asking over 3k.
I took a decent shape Dynamo HS-5 and just did the proper Woody conversion to it and it's a sick looking cab. Game is fun, and I really appreciate that Jamma style games are still being developed. Super excited for the follow up games and apparently someone else is developing for the platform too. I got the candy cab artwork too though so I can slip it into an Astro when I get tired of standing. Hind site I kind of wish I had just stuck with the candy cab version for home use though but everyone who comes over gets drawn to that cab first so at least lots of people are enjoying even the kids.

mind sharing a pic of the candy art?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'm in line to get one of these when it RTM's. It'll be housed in my vewlix :D

Last edited:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yo guys! Just wanted to chime in really quick with some updates on this.

- Pre-orders will open to the general public on Monday, April, 3rd. Orders will ship on June 2nd.

- On April 3rd, you'll be able to view all the product packages in their production version along with prices. Personally, I'm mega-geeked on sharing what the production Airframe units look like. We've dropped some serious cash into custom aluminum enclosures.

- Any pics you'll see before then will be of prototype units, which are currently running in about forty arcades internationally and in about ten private collections. Very proud of the fact that we've been able to put together a professional-grade product that's running on location - without any sort of crowd funding.

I'd be happy to personally answer any questions you guys might have in the meantime.

Thank you so much for your continued support and interest!

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Yo guys! Just wanted to chime in really quick with some updates on this.

- Pre-orders will open to the general public on Monday, April, 3rd. Orders will ship on June 2nd.

- On April 3rd, you'll be able to view all the product packages in their production version along with prices. Personally, I'm mega-geeked on sharing what the production Airframe units look like. We've dropped some serious cash into custom aluminum enclosures.

- Any pics you'll see before then will be of prototype units, which are currently running in about forty arcades internationally and in about ten private collections. Very proud of the fact that we've been able to put together a professional-grade product that's running on location - without any sort of crowd funding.

I'd be happy to personally answer any questions you guys might have in the meantime.

Thank you so much for your continued support and interest!

So whats the price?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
$699 for the game with candy cab move sticker and flyer
$1199 for game kit with CPO, side art and marquee
$3500 for the dedicated cabinet

Interesting that the full kit is $500 more for a marquee side art and a cpo.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Pre-orders are up @ http://www.griffinaerotech.com/skycurser/

I'd like to congratulate Chris and the Skycurser team!
Looking forward to getting my hands on one when it's released this summer.
That case for the AIRFRAME hardware looks amazing. What a great touch for an amazing title. :buttrock:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Pre-orders are up @ http://www.griffinaerotech.com/skycurser/

I'd like to congratulate Chris and the Skycurser team!
Looking forward to getting my hands on one when it's released this summer.
That case for the AIRFRAME hardware looks amazing. What a great touch for an amazing title. :buttrock:

Thank you dude. Definitely feels good to make it this far.

Still lots of pixel art and work to be done!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
After seeing that westcb cab, I think I will at minimum be ordering the basic kit. The artwork is starting to grow on me, I wasn't quite 100% on the style.

It doesn't look like the airframe pcb has a vga or hdmi output. I don't have any widescreen hd cabs at the moment, but I am curious to know what resolutions the motherboard will be able to output. Just thinking in terms of what future games might be possible or if this hardware is limited to retro 4:3 games exclusively.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Game is looking great! The screenshots and videos are awesome!

$699 for the game with candy cab move sticker and flyer
$1199 for game kit with CPO, side art and marquee
$3500 for the dedicated cabinet

Interesting that the full kit is $500 more for a marquee side art and a cpo.
Don't forget the kickplate. Side art is made of vinyl and is full size for a dynamo HS5, that's a lot of material and it isn't cheap.

I restored an HS5 with SFIICE, all the arts costed me about 350 and that's just Marquee, side medallions (not full size art), CPO and Bezel. This was well over 5 years ago too. I think the 500 cost for all the arts is very fair.