Alec Baldwin Brandon Lee'd someone

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wanna know how he shot two people.

Did the bullet go through the camera woman and hit the director? Or did he fire off two shots before he realized they weren't blanks?

The man was released from the hospital. The woman looked pretty thin. I wouldnt be surprised if the bullet went through her and hit him, assuming they were both near the camera.

I’ve never fire a blank so I can’t speak to how different it feels from a real cartridge. I’m sure someone like Alec Baldwin would have no idea.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Uh-Oh
Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions.

The camera operators and their assistants were frustrated by the conditions surrounding the low-budget film, including complaints of long hours and pay, according to three people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to comment.

The camera crew showed up for work as expected at 6:30 a.m. Thursday and began gathering up their gear and personal belongings to leave, one knowledgeable crew member told the Los Angeles Times.

Labor trouble had been brewing for days on the dusty set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe.

Shooting began on Oct. 6 and members of the production said they had been promised the production would pay for their hotel rooms in Santa Fe.
But after filming began, the crews were told they instead would be required to make the 50-mile drive from Albuquerque each day, rather than stay overnight in nearby Santa Fe.

The cinematographer who was accidentally killed, Halyna Hutchins, had been advocating for safer conditions for her team, said one crew member who was on the set.

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said.

A member of the producer staff then ordered the union members to leave the set. She said if they didn’t leave, the producers would call security to remove them.

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

A representative for the production company did not immediately comment.

“The entire cast and crew has been absolutely devastated by today’s tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Halyna’s family and loved ones,” the spokesperson for Rust Movie Productions said in a statement Thursday.

The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

Baldwin, the film’s star who also served as a producer on the film, was apparently rehearsing a scene outside the church of the Bonzana Creek Ranch set, according to two knowledgeable people.

The scene involved a gun fight that began in the church, and then Baldwin’s character was supposed to back out of the church, according to production notes obtained by The Times. It was the 12th day of a 21-day shoot.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were dispatched to the Bonanza Creek Ranch movie set, where filming was underway for the western “Rust,” after calls to 911 at 1:50 p.m. Baldwin was starring in the movie in addition to serving as one of the producers.

No charges have been filed, but the Sheriff’s Office said that “witnesses continue to be interviewed by detectives.”

Baldwin said Friday he’s “fully cooperating with the police investigation” into the incident.

“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours,” Baldwin wrote Friday in a series of tweets.

Production has been halted on the low-budget movie, which began filming this month.

In an email to its members, Local 44 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, a union that represents prop makers, said the shot that killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza on Thursday was “a live single round.”

“As many of us have already heard, there was an accidental weapons discharge on a production titled Rust being filmed in New Mexico,” said the North Hollywood-based local. “A live single round was accidentally fired on set by the principal actor, hitting both the Director of Photography, Local 600 member Halyna Hutchins, and Director Joel Souza. Both were rushed to the hospital,” the email said.

A source close to union said Local 44 does not know what projectile was in the gun and clarified that “live” is an industry term that refers to a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.

Bonanza Creek Ranch has been a popular filming location for more than 60 years. The first movie to film there was “The Man From Laramie,” starring Jimmy Stewart. It also was the set for the classic “Blazing Saddles,” “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” and the popular TV show “Longmire.”

famicommander

15 Year Member
Definitely read that whole LA Times story I just posted above.

The same prop had already misfired THREE FUCKING TIMES?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
:keke:

Ah, Baldwin is one of these people.

Honestly I dislike Twitter users more than idiots who gobble up misinformation on Facebook.

People on Twitter think they’re important. It’s crazy.
i feel bad for the two victims, but it is awesome that now everyone has this trump card to trigger him.

famicommander

15 Year Member
i feel bad for the two victims, but it is awesome that now everyone has this trump card to trigger him.
He's probably gonna be in jail from how the above article reads.

He was a producer on the film and the same prop that killed the woman had already had three misfires.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Definitely read that whole LA Times story I just posted above.

The same prop had already misfired THREE FUCKING TIMES?

I’m not sure the gun “misfiring” has any bearing on what happened with the fatal shooting.

A broken gun doesn’t kill anyone or accidentally shoot someone.

It does indicates that they were using a defective gun and/or ammunition and possibly that there was no competent armorers in charge of the weapons on set.

Edit: Could have been ammo with hard primers or a revolver with a slightly weak hammer/mainspring too, causing it not to fire. Who knows maybe they were idiots and incorrectly manufactured their own blanks.

Most reporting on firearms even by the most unbiased media is pretty shit.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
:keke:

Ah, Baldwin is one of these people.

Honestly I dislike Twitter users more than idiots who gobble up misinformation on Facebook.

People on Twitter think they’re important. It’s crazy.

The biggest problem with twittard is people think it's real.

My confusion is hollyweird has been moving away from blank firing replicas for a long time.
Using dummies on set and CGI during editing.
But whatever, BF replica or rubber dummy, rules are rules and should be followed.
Not an accident just negligence.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Alec Baldwin was just a useful idiot that is suddenly about to be less useful.

Good fucking riddance. We never needed him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The biggest problem with twittard is people think it's real.

My confusion is hollyweird has been moving away from blank firing replicas for a long time.
Using dummies on set and CGI during editing.
But whatever, BF replica or rubber dummy, rules are rules and should be followed.
Not an accident just negligence.

Yeah I’m frankly stunned something like this even happened. Negligence occurred, no doubt about it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Listen. Fuck Alec Baldwin. All the baldwins actually. And fuck productions that don’t put safety first. But I’m surprised by all the dumb dumb posts I’m reading in this thread.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Listen. Fuck Alec Baldwin. All the baldwins actually. And fuck productions that don’t put safety first. But I’m surprised by all the dumb dumb posts I’m reading in this thread.
Happy to disappoint you.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean it’s clear serious workplace safety rules weren’t followed. Someone is going to jail and one or more persons or corporations is going bankrupt. Insurance isn’t paying out for this “accident.”

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
i'm gonna need you to name names.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
i'm gonna need you to name names.
Hey I’m not getting anyone banned from Hop-Hsing’s. I just think it’s bizarre that people think that this was politically motivated, premeditated, or whatever.

scenes with gunshots often have more than one gunshot. Have you guys seen movies? Why is it surprising that two people got hurt?

There are two types of blanks. One type I a normal bullet with barely any gunpowder. I believe it’s called a dummy round rather than a blank. If someone forgets to remove the gunpowder from the bullet, you’re gonna have a big oopsie. It happens.

Why would Baldwin go to jail? I mean, it would be great. But the prop department didn’t do their job so the actor goes to jail? Just because you’re a producer doesn’t mean you’re legally liable for anything that goes on during filming.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm absolutely confident it was an accident.

Just sheer negligence on everyone's part.

Also, white supremacy

Watch.

The articles are coming.

I'll share the links as they start to sprout.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why would Baldwin go to jail? I mean, it would be great. But the prop department didn’t do their job so the actor goes to jail? Just because you’re a producer doesn’t mean you’re legally liable for anything that goes on during filming.
He's a producer, the same weapon that killed the woman had already had 3 "misfires" on set, they sent the safety people home before the accident, and earlier that same day some of the camera people walked off the set protesting unsafe working conditions. Right before a producer shot one of them dead.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Do you know what a producer is? Do you know what type of producer Baldwin was? Was he a production producer? Very doubtful. “Producer” is an honorary title for people who have put up money or sourced money for a project. When you see a big name like that as a producer, it’s far more likely that he or she just threw money at the production - they aren’t coordinating the shoots each day. That is a completely different role and one that may be culpable in a case like this. Trust me. I’m a professional.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Do you know what a producer is? Do you know what type of producer Baldwin was? Was he a production producer? Very doubtful. “Producer” is an honorary title for people who have put up money or sourced money for a project. When you see a big name like that as a producer, it’s far more likely that he or she just threw money at the production - they aren’t coordinating the shoots each day. That is a completely different role and one that may be culpable in a case like this. Trust me. I’m a professional.
I'm not saying he was in charge of the prop department but it's pretty fucked up when people protest unsafe working conditions right before a producer accidentally kills one of them with a prop that had already had 3 failures.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hey I’m not getting anyone banned from Hop-Hsing’s. I just think it’s bizarre that people think that this was politically motivated, premeditated, or whatever.

No one said that.

scenes with gunshots often have more than one gunshot. Have you guys seen movies? Why is it surprising that two people got hurt?

Probably an assumption that only one bullet was fired, according to the Labor Union statement only a single live cartridge was placed in the gun.

There are two types of blanks. One type I a normal bullet with barely any gunpowder. I believe it’s called a dummy round rather than a blank. If someone forgets to remove the gunpowder from the bullet, you’re gonna have a big oopsie. It happens.

Stop, what you’re saying is just not accurate.

A “blank” does not contain a bullet. It has primer, powder, and a crimped case to contain said powder.

A cartridge with a bullet, primer, and any amount of powder is real ammo. Hell without powder is still potentially deadly.

What happened to Brandon Lee was criminally negligent IMO.

Assumptions that he was in charge and therefore is liable. I don’t think he’ll go to jail.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm not saying he was in charge of the prop department but it's pretty fucked up when people protest unsafe working conditions right before a producer accidentally kills one of them with a prop that had already had 3 failures.
It absolutely is! But it doesn’t mean he’s legally culpable.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Blanks are commercially manufactured ammunition.

If your a major studio and have to employ Bunbba to hand load your blanks, well…every gun owner knows you don’t buy Bubba’s handloads.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
On my phone. Can’t format. But that’s what I’m saying - lots of assumptions. People immediately jumping to “he’s going to jail!”

and you’re right - primer, not bullet. I misspoke.