All about shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Pfffft,you're playing the INFERIOR PORT...

Better hike up that difficulty some,padna :D

BIG-

I've played in JP mode, level 4 as well, and there isn't really a
big difference. I guess there are more planes
on the screen at times, but I can still get to stage 4 anyway.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Anyone into Blazing Star?

I'm currently trying to get through stage 6 alive and while the level itself is no problem the boss is extremly hard. :crying:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
MNK said:
Anyone into Blazing Star?

I'm currently trying to get through stage 6 alive and while the level itself is no problem the boss is extremly hard. :crying:

I love Blazing Star, it's my favorite horizontal shooter ever with Progear at a close second.

My best run was to stage 5 with about 12.5 million points. It's one of my better shooter accomplishments ever.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
It's really a great shooter, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of people playing it anymore.

My highscore is about 16,8 millions stg 6, got game over at the very last part of the boss. I've figured out most of the strategy but can't pull it off on 1 life yet.
If you need any hints just ask, I'll be glad to help out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Does anyone know how well Bleemcast works with Strikers 1945 II?

There used to be a list, but I can't find it. I figured it'd tide me over till I get a JPN PS2

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
progear is a really nice game and all

i just wish i could play it

hell, i suck at shooters in general

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Igniz v2 said:
progear is a really nice game and all

i just wish i could play it

hell, i suck at shooters in general

I dont know one person who doesnt need to practice to be decent at shooters.

and poor Batrider. :(

BIG

sony fanboy
Let's talk 19XX,this game is teh shit. So much so that I even prefer it over the Strikers series,with the sole exception being Strikers II.

If you don't know,now you know,niggaz.

BIG-

SSS

neo retired
Holy fuck, I just got to the final form of the last boss in Espgaluda on 1 credit. Then I died. :mad:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Let's talk 19XX,this game is teh shit. So much so that I even prefer it over the Strikers series,with the sole exception being Strikers II.

BIG-

Your sig fucking rocks.

I'll check the game out asap.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:

BIG-

True, 19XX does rock, much better than 1944 IMO. Not sure if I like it better than Strikers though but it is damn good.

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
I've just set up my first ever website less than 24 hours ago, and would like some of your opinions and suggestions. Here-

http://www.freewebs.com/ord1000/

It's geared more towards the manic style of shooter.
In truth there is nothing much there at the moment, but i'll hopefully get some reviews written up, and put up some vids within the week. If any of you folks fancy writing some reviews of your own and donating them to the site, feel free.
The title may be it bit crap but whay the hey.
I'm kind of proud of it, because i know nothing about web design etc, but i want to make it better. A lot better, so any feedback from you folks would be deeply appreaciated. A big time Cave fan crying for help!!!

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Thanks for sharing the link, it actually looks pretty cool.
It just needs to grow more. ;)

ord1000 said:
I've just set up my first ever website less than 24 hours ago, and would like some of your opinions and suggestions. Here-

http://www.freewebs.com/ord1000/

It's geared more towards the manic style of shooter.
In truth there is nothing much there at the moment, but i'll hopefully get some reviews written up, and put up some vids within the week. If any of you folks fancy writing some reviews of your own and donating them to the site, feel free.
The title may be it bit crap but whay the hey.
I'm kind of proud of it, because i know nothing about web design etc, but i want to make it better. A lot better, so any feedback from you folks would be deeply appreaciated. A big time Cave fan crying for help!!!

SNKJorge

So what kind of shmups do you all prefer:

•Military Type a la Strikers, 14xx series, Sonic Wings etc

•Spaceship Alien Type ala Pulstar, Blazing Star, Gradius, Last Resort, and R-Type

•Gimmicky a la Gunbird, ESPGaluda, Shikigami series

???

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
hmm, good question

what category does Progear fall into? :kekeke:

that's the only shmup i've been playing lately, practice, practice, and some more practice..

anyways.

i don't really have a preference i guess, it's just whatever plays nice, or that cave produces, hahaha

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
I prefer space(ship) type shooters. Blazing Star, Last Resort, Radiant Silvergun, Soukyugurentai, Nebulasray, Raystorm etc etc.

Been facinated with space since I was a kid (space LEGO anyone :)) so that probably have something to do with it. I'd put military style second and gimmicky/comical last.

How about yourself xtoo_short20x?

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Gotta be space ships vs aliens here, Final Soldier stylee.,

World War style has favour with me, but often they can lack pace (Ghost Pilots..........doesnt mean its a bad game tho.)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
So what kind of shmups do you all prefer:

•Military Type a la Strikers, 14xx series, Sonic Wings etc

•Spaceship Alien Type ala Pulstar, Blazing Star, Gradius, Last Resort, and R-Type

•Gimmicky a la Gunbird, ESPGaluda, Shikigami series

???

damn you!

I'd say spaceship, followed closely by gimmicky types

This reminds me, Kim de John is a god in Castle Shikigami II.

I can one credit, no life lost until stage 3.1

I'm working on it though, and I'm surprised how good this game is.
stage 311 in Shikigami no Shiro II seems damn near impossible to do without losing a life.

SNKJorge

I like all three. But I guess I kinda like the militay type better, I just love tanks,
cool real life planes, all style planes etcc...

I think Pro-Gear will fall in the category of war and military no?
It's like a 'Fantasy War' from the age of steel?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
I like all three. But I guess I kinda like the militay type better, I just love tanks,
cool real life planes, all style planes etcc...

I think Pro-Gear will fall in the category of war and military no?
It's like a 'Fantasy War' from the age of steel?

I think it falls in the "damn this game is so good it should be in it's own category"

SNKJorge

roke stAr said:
I think it falls in the "damn this game is so good it should be in it's own category"

I said that before many times, but nobody listened (Prolly because of the price
of the pcb), but anyways, great game.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I really enjoy the steam-punk games like Battle Garegga but space ships get my preference.

19XX is one of my favorite "old-school" shooter. I don't know how you can hate him. Simply splendid.

Otherwise I'm currently into R-Type Final,Dangun Feveron, Guwange, Gradius V, Armed Police Batrider, Dragon Blaze, Prehistoric Isle 2 and Gigawing and here's my opinion:

R-Type Final: My favorite shooter, that means all.

Dangun Feveron: Excellent music but so quick enemy shots! Must be a cyborg to survive beyonf the 2 first levels in 1 continu. I'm loving it though.

Guwange: My favorite of the moment. Great medieval style and pure manic essence. Screen gets 95% covered with shots but they're slow so it's even more fun to see your character escape a thousand shots wave at last. Very excellent.

Gradius V: Fun but too long. I'm only playing it for some days and haven't passed the section 1-4 and I already find too long. Weapon system is not my cup of tee. Cool but just for spare time.

Armed Police Batrider:Fun above all. Great.

Dragon Blaze: Another excellent Psikyo game here. Great ambiance but enemy shots are coming so fast... Anyway, it's very interesting.

Prehistoric Isle 2: Ha ha, this is easily the shittiest game in the list. Awful graphics and kitsch theme simply gun down this game. Horrid.

Gigawing: Another heartbeat here. I love the reflect force shiled. Great music and graphics. I love it.

Oh, and for those you haven't tested Radio Zonde, give it a try, would be interesting. ;)

SNKJorge

Tristesse said:
Prehistoric Isle 2: Ha ha, this is easily the shittiest game in the list. Awful graphics and kitsch theme simply gun down this game. Horrid.

I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. I actually like the feel
of the game, is actually something different, as it doesn't have anything tod
with planes. The rescuing of people makes an interesting twist in scoring.
I like it, not as good as most shooters, but enjoyable.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
MAME 0.93 was released today, with fully decrypted graphics for Viper Phase 1, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet (and Battle Balls, but that's not a shooter). The sound emulation is pretty shitty, but they look and play great. Have fun, my fellow rom whores :D

Status
Not open for further replies.