GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
No Pepsi.....Coke!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
But whenever you ask anyone if they can name another Suicidal Tendencies song, you never get anything but a blank stare. Meanwhile, Green Day is referred to as punk and anyone can instantly rattle off a bunch of their song titles. Cultural bankruptcy.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
But whenever you ask anyone if they can name another Suicidal Tendencies song, you never get anything but a blank stare. Meanwhile, Green Day is referred to as punk and anyone can instantly rattle off a bunch of their song titles. Cultural bankruptcy.

You fucking kidding me? Almost everyone will say CycoVision since it was on Tony Hawk

In my younger more violent drunken days: I was socializing with this group of people I didnt know at a party and this one dude would not shut the fuck up about how green day is the definition of punk, what an amazing punk band they are blah blah blah. I stopped him and explained they are not punk and that he was a dumb pussy ass bitch for saying so. Then proceeded to cold cock him in the mouth knowing I would get jumped by his friends. I stand by my decision.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In my younger more violent drunken days: I was socializing with this group of people I didnt know at a party and this one dude would not shut the fuck up about how green day is the definition of punk, what an amazing punk band they are blah blah blah. I stopped him and explained they are not punk and that he was a dumb pussy ass bitch for saying so. Then proceeded to cold cock him in the mouth knowing I would get jumped by his friends. I stand by my decision.

After reading this post, my eyes feel like they're gonna bleed and I realized sometimes you give myself the creeps.

I doubt that guy deserved a punch in the mouth. I hope you had the time of your life.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

The Art of Rebellion got a bunch of airplay in the early 90's.
I couldn't name the songs though, I had to look them up on YouTube.

I would've guessed them as "I'll eat your batter" and "Nobody Else".
That last one still gets rotation at least once a month on the metal stations.

mikepepsi.png

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

In my MMO days, I used to run with a bunch of young people by virtue of being over the average age for such things.

At some point, for some reason, the subject of music genres came up.

Some young fool said they liked punk.

I was surprised but decided to bring up some of the early legends.

'Ever listen to Sex Pistols or the Ramones? What about the Clash?

His response: I hate that old punk.

Me: Okay. You're stupid but ok. (I actually said this). What punk do you listen to?

I asked this question in the sincere hope they would rattle off some punk bands I hadn't thought of or hadn't heard of.

Him: I like Blink (yes, he uses the shorthand), Greenday and Sum 41.

Me: Kill Yourself.

This was back in 2012.

But I'd still say that to him today.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’d like to think I am the only one witty enough to see what you did there. Guys, don’t take that away from me ok.

I will take this away from you. Sing my entire post and you'll understand why.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
:emb:

Lol...shows you how little I know about Green Day...which I am comfortable with.