Always bet on black Wesley Snipes best!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
As much as i love quoting that line from Passenger 57, best Wesley Snipes movie is his sports movie.

White Men Cant Jump & Major Leagues.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is a harder question than you'd think. Of the action movies, Blade is the definite winner. He's also got some serious drama movies behind him, like Jungle Fever and Sugar Hill. He's got some great comedy like Major League, and god damn if Demolition Man isn't one of the most fun movies ever made and it wouldn't be nearly as good with anyone else in the role.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is a harder question than you'd think. Of the action movies, Blade is the definite winner. He's also got some serious drama movies behind him, like Jungle Fever and Sugar Hill. He's got some great comedy like Major League, and god damn if Demolition Man isn't one of the most fun movies ever made and it wouldn't be nearly as good with anyone else in the role.

I was going to say, Blade and Demolition Man are easily my two favorites. White Man Can't Jump was ok, but no where near as fun as Demolition Man...and Snipes carried the film for sure.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I feel like he's kind of underrated. Out of the various 90's action stars from the time period, he could actually act.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I feel like he's kind of underrated. Out of the various 90's action stars from the time period, he could actually act.

Yeah...and he had a humor about him all his own. He could do the humorous bits as well as acting all cock-strong and none of it felt forced. On the note, Stallone was also good for doing that. Demolition Man was a great combo of the two with them playing their best roles.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I was going to say, Blade and Demolition Man are easily my two favorites. White Man Can't Jump was ok, but no where near as fun as Demolition Man...and Snipes carried the film for sure.

White Men Can’t Jump was the funniest movie of 1992. It hasn’t aged as well as Blade, but it still takes me back.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I thought he was good in Brooklyn's Finest as well.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill"

Words to live by.

Imagine WS instead of Danny Glover in Predator 2. Your mind just exploded.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wesley Snipes’ best role was tax evasion.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Blade is so much more influential over modern superhero movies than it gets credit for. Holds up pretty well, too.

Demolition Man is great, but Blade is a classic.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I felt Blade 1 was weak. Blade 3 was poop
But Blade 2 was-is stunning. I watched that film like six hundred times.

Snipes is king.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My first Snipes encounter was in King of New York. The funny aspect of his acting was definitely intentional (Rising Sun), which sets him way above average, yet, still way under Denzel.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
King of New York is probably the best movie Snipes has been in. As far as starring roles, it's hard to go against the Blade movies.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Eh, I'm not a big fan of King of New York, although the acting in it is superb. I feel the same about Ferrera's Bad Lieutenant, I don't particularly like the movie but Keitel's performance was Oscar worthy.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Passenger 57, White Men Can’t Jump, The Fan and Money Train were great Snipes movies

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Demolition Man and Blade I and II are the best. If Blade II is on, I can't help but watch it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
No. No there isn't.

too late, looked it up

forgot about this, but I've seen it

It had Ryan Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson and Jessica Biel's ass in it

I don't think I'll revisit it, need to put 1 and 2 on my backlog though

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
too late, looked it up

forgot about this, but I've seen it

It had Ryan Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson and Jessica Biel's ass in it

I don't think I'll revisit it, need to put 1 and 2 on my backlog though

While I think Westly Snipes is the best actor ever, Blade 3 sucks. Fun fact- Snipes hated the director so he just smoked weed in his trailer all day. Most of those scenes where he isn't fighting, he is high as shit.

Any love for New Jack City?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Any love for New Jack City?

fuck yeah, that's a good movie too

Blade is still his best work imo

I can't imagine another character doing that role ever again, but then again Heath Ledger and Christian Bale would have a word with me. Never know.

I bet they'll remake it soon enough, only makes sense.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
How about Rising Sun?

Stylish pulpy late 20th century cinema.

Blade 1 is alright but the thing was fleshed out in 2.
It's by far my favourite Guillermo del Toro film and my favourite superhéro film together with Raimi's Spiderman 2