Analogue Pocket

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't know about the Retrobit Saturn pad, but the notes on the new firmware shows that it's now compatible with the M30 2.4ghz. Of course, it doesn't actually say which M30 2.4ghz, but I assume it means the USB dongle.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah I've never used screen protectors and never will tbh. Probably the first screen with hairline marks from looking at it

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I own no GB carts bit might pick up Tetris, I've been playing the rom, obviously that runs on a core with different settings to the analogue os itself running the cart. Just interested to see what the video options look like on the screen really.

Damsco

n00b
Use a real cart so you can slightly dislodge it on the weird finnicky cartridge slot while playing and crash the game?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I’ve played a physical cartridge of Picross 2 on two Pockets for many hours and never once had any issues like this guy described

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I prefer the overall feel of the original Gameboy Pocket. That's still my favorite handheld for on the go. I bought a really clean one and modded a modern screen for it last yr. Perfect for flights and trips with an everdrive loaded up with favorites. Fits discretely in my pocket, and feels great in my hands.

The Analogue Pocket, on the other hand, I don't love the feel of the dpad and buttons. They're not terrible any means, but I think they probably cut some quality corners there. And the overall size is a bit much for me. I think I'll get the dock for it and use it as a rom machine on my TV for the most part. But I'm not a guy who takes the switch out and about either, and the Pocket isn't that big. Just my personal preferences. I don't care for big handhelds while traveling.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
The d pad is just so floaty on mine it’s annoying as all get out. The diagonals are terrible they keep firing when they shouldn’t. I’ve tried the teflon tape fix and adjusted it multiple times. Looks like I have to choose between diagonals all the time or maybe half the time. Might just take it out completely and deal with them all the time, this partial diagonal crap makes it impossible to play any shooters

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The d pad is just so floaty on mine it’s annoying as all get out. The diagonals are terrible they keep firing when they shouldn’t. I’ve tried the teflon tape fix and adjusted it multiple times. Looks like I have to choose between diagonals all the time or maybe half the time. Might just take it out completely and deal with them all the time, this partial diagonal crap makes it impossible to play any shooters
I’m sure they’ll make a better (more expensive one) soon enough.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It sounds like this is all bug fixes... I was hoping it would be something cool, but alas.
Actually 2 updates from analogue within weeks of each other is pretty fucking cool.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The adapters (that I ordered a year and a half ago) came in yesterday. PCE games stick out like 3 feet above the top of the Pocket.
On Twitter they're saying the NGPC FPGA core is good, but not 100% compatible. It also doesn't support sleep, etc. Still much further along than the mister core.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Obligatory Ninja Spirit clear. Got the ninja pit first try. It often takes a couple tries on emulators, cause the timing is very strict, so I guess that’s a good thing.

IMG_1805.jpeg

But if you’ll excuse me, it’s time for me to use this massive fuckin hucard as a sail to catch these cosmic winds and return to my homeworld.