And the saddness starts to evelope me...

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
And the saddness starts to evelope me...

It's going to happen to all of us. So I'm going to go ahead and let it get to me now. We all have someone that we really want to make it into SvC, and it just might not happen. I don't think that the game is going to suck in any way, but I'm coming to terms with that fact that Chaos might be...you guessed it...Hanzo-less.
There is no excuse.
One of the things I didn't like about Capcom's attempts at CvS 1 and 2 were the fact that the famous Ninja was some how left out. And when I heard about SNK Vs Capcom, I thought "Now he'll show up."
Doesn't look like it.

I'm sad.
But at least I have Samurai Shodown 5 to look foward to. There's no way he'd get cut out of that..right..

RIGHT?!?

RIGHT!??!?! make_fac loco blow_top very_ang lol

<small>[ June 02, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Giga Power ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
As long as Gen-an, Genjuro and Hanzo are in Samurai Shodown 5 I'll be a happy man, and if Geese is in SvC:Chaos I'll bust a nut all over the computer. :D

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I feel your pain Giga. Hanzo is a great guy, but overlooked by many. Only the Samurai Showdown faithful truly know how great he is. He better be in Samurai Showdown V or it would be like kicking a puppy if he was left out blow_top

IMO, SS5 should be like KOF98 and just have every single character that was in SS series make an apperance, of course top it off with one or two new character too wink

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is why I am trying to think of my chars as past relics. Cause I just know that none of them are gonna appear. Just characters nobody knows, or are there for a said audience. No Krauser, No Duck, No Robert, Not even damn Jhun.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Big Shady:
I feel your pain Giga. Hanzo is a great guy, but overlooked by many. Only the Samurai Showdown faithful truly know how great he is. He better be in Samurai Showdown V or it would be like kicking a puppy if he was left out blow_top

IMO, SS5 should be like KOF98 and just have every single character that was in SS series make an apperance, of course top it off with one or two new character too wink
I guess it's different with other people, but I think of Hanzo when I think of SNK. One of the first games that I really got into and loved was Samurai Shodown, and I always picked Hanzo. I was young and ninjas were cool goddamn it! So when I think of the old days Hanzo comes to mind.
And come on, he's like the coolest Ninja design ever.
Ever.
And he's based on a historical figure!
Come on people!
Hanzo.
I NEED Hanzo.
Hear me Playmore??!?! Hear me?!?!??!
Arg..
*Ninja Vanish*

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Hell, no Last Blade characters so far means that Setsuna will not make it either. I feel the same way about Hanzo too.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Giga Power:
Big Shady:

I guess it's different with other people, but I think of Hanzo when I think of SNK. One of the first games that I really got into and loved was Samurai Shodown, and I always picked Hanzo. I was young and ninjas were cool goddamn it! So when I think of the old days Hanzo comes to mind.
And come on, he's like the coolest Ninja design ever.
Ever.
And he's based on a historical figure!
Come on people!
Hanzo.
I NEED Hanzo.
Hear me Playmore??!?! Hear me?!?!??!
Arg..
*Ninja Vanish*
Ninja's are most definitely badass buttrock
Hanzo was 2nd in my book after Hamohoru in SS1. The whole ninja thing was just awesome and intimdating to n00bs you may face. Of course my heart lies with Cham Cham which truely got me hooked to SNK. I poured so many quarters into my local SS2 cab and I don't want to even think of it in dollars. Why don't they bring her back, she too cheap?

God all this Samurai Showdown talks makes we want to fire up my Neo and play! Too late time for bed loco

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Solidus Snake:
Hell, no Last Blade characters so far means that Setsuna will not make it either. I feel the same way about Hanzo too.
I don't believe Playmore would want to redraw sprites for a character in a series that is currently dead. I believe all the SNK characters are in KoF or SS (I may be wrong). SS5 will probably come out - hence the characters we have in Chaos. So, as for Hanzo, there's hope yet.

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
And I had hopes seeing Eiji/Hanzo vs. Strider Hiryu.

Looks like it won't likely happen:crying:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
I guess it's different with other people
yep, i like a whole bunch of characters so theres a bigger chance someone i like will make it into any given game... :D

?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
make the best of what you have.

For me, it's focusing on Shiki.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
To me, Hanzo is a definitive SNK character and had to be in the game. But... when they decided to go with a hop system instead of a run, I can see why they'd leave him out. I can't picture Hanzo without a running take-up.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
neojedi:
To me, Hanzo is a definitive SNK character and had to be in the game. But... when they decided to go with a hop system instead of a run, I can see why they'd leave him out. I can't picture Hanzo without a running take-up.
definitely hard to picture after SS2~4, but in SS642, bust mode, I think it's quite possible to have him in any syle game. Especially if they include his QCF+D command dash...

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
in SS642, bust mode
That would be absolutely mindblowing, to have that beast in there breaking all of the shotos' bones. :) Still, I'd be shocked to see that... even though the bakenryu/takeup Hanzo is popular as anything, the "crack" Hanzo is not well known.

<small>[ June 03, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
neojedi:
EvilWasabi:
in SS642, bust mode
That would be absolutely mindblowing, to have that beast in there breaking all of the shotos' bones. :) Still, I'd be shocked to see that... even though the bakenryu/takeup Hanzo is popular as anything, the "crack" Hanzo is not well known.
if they include the x-ray shots, I think a lot of Capcommies would be impressed and start using him. The first time I saw that, I thought back to Sonny Chiba in The Street Fighter, and knew that I had to master him.

But likewise, I would be surprised if they included that character...

considering he doesn't use his sword that much at all. Almost a pure grappler.