And with that - the world is now at an end. Betty White dies at 99.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
2021 just had to shit all over us one more time. RIP

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Well damn. Keith Richards is probably looking over his shoulder.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bob Barker just celebrated his 98th birthday.

Help control the pet population... :tickled:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You can just log out and not log back on and you’ll miss nothing.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
She had a good run. I always wonder if I'm ever going to reach the point I watch a rerun of the Mary Tyler Moore Show from 50 years ago and think Betty White doesn't look old. That's something terrifying to look forward to.

On a related note, I just found out Ed Asner died, too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Welp I guess I can stay off of FB for the next day or two. Between this and NYE I doubt I'll miss anything.
Lots of people who maybe, MAYBE watched five minutes of a Golden Girls episode 20 years ago will post how much they miss her.

There's nothing to miss. What is there to see or even like?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lots of people who maybe, MAYBE watched five minutes of a Golden Girls episode 20 years ago will post how much they miss her.

Mary Tyler Moore Show is the shit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Exactly.

Like it's some sort of tragedy, she was 99 FFS.

She made some embarrassing joke appearance on shitty sitcoms or whatever, that was the entire last 25 years of her career. STK mentioned the Mary Tyler Moore show, which is great but nobody saying they'll miss her even knows what that is and far more people say they loved GG but it's just some sort of mass pop culture delusion.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Betty White has been making my family and me laugh since I was probably 5 or 6. First time I saw her was on Mama's Family in like 85 or so. Mary Tyler Moore was before my time, but I have watched a few eps. I was born in 77 so don't really remember 'watching TV' til I was about 7.

I always thought how interesting it was to see how completely opposite Rose Nyland was to Ellen Harper on Mama's Family.

She did so many more amazing things than Golden Girls, but I'm sure that's the thing most people will associate her with.

Either way, GG is one of my favorite shows ever. I remember watching it at my Grandmother's house along with 227 and Amen.

Her bit at the Shatner roast was hilarious as well. I just downloaded Hot in Cleveland, her last main show. I've heard good things but haven't seen an episode yet.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Betty White has been making my family and me laugh since I was probably 5 or 6. First time I saw her was on Mama's Family in like 85 or so. Mary Tyler Moore was before my time, but I have watched a few eps. I was born in 77 so don't really remember 'watching TV' til I was about 7.

I always thought how interesting it was to see how completely opposite Rose Nyland was to Ellen Harper on Mama's Family.

She did so many more amazing things than Golden Girls, but I'm sure that's the thing most people will associate her with.

Either way, GG is one of my favorite shows ever. I remember watching it at my Grandmother's house along with 227 and Amen.

Her bit at the Shatner roast was hilarious as well. I just downloaded Hot in Cleveland, her last main show. I've heard good things but haven't seen an episode yet.
I have a memory of watching those same exact shows with my Grandmother at her house!

I watched Hot in Cleveland with a girlfriend back when it was on, it wasn’t bad at all definitely a newer golden girls.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You guys are the exception though, sure a lot of people watched that stuff over the years most people pretending to be sad fans never even watched GG, they just know the memes and references. Like I said it's some sort of pop culture false memory that has become increasingly common mostly due to the internet.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I have a memory of watching those same exact shows with my Grandmother at her house!

I watched Hot in Cleveland with a girlfriend back when it was on, it wasn’t bad at all definitely a newer golden girls.
Watched the first ep this afternoon, and White is DEFINITELY the Sofia Patrillo of the show lol.

Also, wtf I never realized Valerie Bertinelli looked that good at 50. And Jane Levee still has spankin' legs.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Watched the first ep this afternoon, and White is DEFINITELY the Sofia Patrillo of the show lol.

Also, wtf I never realized Valerie Bertinelli looked that good at 50. And Jane Levee still has spankin' legs.
I agree with everything you say, I must admit I noticed those legs myself

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Aside from appreciating Mama's Family and Golden Girls, I'll miss Betty White just as a human in general. She had no problem calling out bigotry, and her charity work and love for animals and others was sincere. RIP to a good one.