Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
My friend brought over his Win 4. It’s really slick, but yeah, whole different thing than an android handheld.

Anybody get their Flip yet?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
My friend brought over his Win 4. It’s really slick, but yeah, whole different thing than an android handheld.

I got mine in yesterday, currently dragging the world over to it right now and setting things up. First impressions:

I got the black model and I really dig it. Even as matte as it is, still kinda' fingerprinty but not nearly what that gay ass red LE version looks to be.

It feels really good in the hands, nice weight. I'm still in love with my RP3+ though - so I'm not sure what that means. I might make this my retro handheld and the RP3+ my PSP/Dreamcast handheld.

Edit: noticing my USB C charge port is a bit finnicky as well. Disconnects from my PC if it gets moved at all. So that's kind of annoying.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

Update, not super in love with it. Might change my tune once I dump more hours into setting it up. My RP3+ I have spent a ton of time getting exactly how I like so it's tough to compare them. Especially since they are virtually the same. I wish it were easier to clone the setup from one to the other. I was unable to hot swap the sd card, which makes zero sense. Same android, same everything. So I was at square one with the flip and it's been a chore.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
For those with RP3+'s - I have set all my PPSSPP settings just like in the major videos and guides....everyone is saying Wipeout Pure runs 60fps at 3X....no matter what I do mine hiccups and stutters every few seconds (even at 2X). WTF?! Any tips, pointers, help?

Edit: so all of a sudden it seems to be working. Go figure. Pure still hiccups a little at the start of the race but smooths out and never stutters again. Pulse runs great. No idea why all of a sudden it's working great.

On the topic of PSP - 3X scaled games on the RP3+ look insanely great. I'm revisiting the library now that everything has extremely improved visuals
I never could get PSP running the way I like it even with an overclocked Pi 4. It was "playable" but not great. I think a lot of people online never played the original hardware.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I never could get PSP running the way I like it even with an overclocked Pi 4. It was "playable" but not great. I think a lot of people online never played the original hardware.

I gotta say, after tweaking I am VERY happy with PSP on the RP3+. I've got almost every game I wanna play on there running 3X. It's now my preferred way to play PSP.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
RETROFLAG release its first wireless controller
Controller-M (2.4G)
1qtbWVh.png

I only regret : no bluetooth :cry:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It just looks closer to the original 6 button controller and that's it. I highly doubt the d-pad is even close to the 8bitdo d-pads.

Have 3 of those Retroflag Pi cases and they are pretty well made though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm sure it will probably be a fine controller but we've got excellent Retrobit and 8bitdo solutions already, and those work with the original systems too.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Final production models of the AYN Loki revealed

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Yeah! I want it :LOL:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
It's RetroFlag's first controller, to be fair, so there's no basis for comparison yet. It's the same shape as the Krikzz Joyzz though, and that controller slays. RetroFlag's Raspberry Pi offerings are really solid, so I'm willing to check it out.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
event on May 31 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Anbernic Reveals New Grips For The RG405M

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member