Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Someone has already tested new GPi CASE 2W ?
It's for Pi Zero (W & 2W) but with IPS screen instead of TFT

I had the last GPi that used the CM4 and it was nice - gifted to my sister. I'd buy this one if Pi Zero 2's were available at a reasonable price ($20)

Not this:
1674779139479.png

Every time I bitch about Pi prices someone always mentions some BS website where you watch the stock of sites and get alerts...fuck all that. I need to go to a site and see it for $15, add to cart. Otherwise, I don't care.

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Price is so crazy, I don't know when Pi will come back on the market.

I have 2x Pi 4B in backup, but it's a bit useless for handheld 😅

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Someone has already tested new GPi CASE 2W ?
It's for Pi Zero (W & 2W) but with IPS screen instead of TFT

This would have been fantastic if they implemented the usb-c port for charging. DC barrel is a NO NO for me.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
That 353m does look perfect, with the right amount of power for a 4:3 device.

I love my 350m, even if it's unstable for PSX with Adam image, but the software support, and the community of developers, isn't really there anymore. The 350 really was the beginning of the end for places like Dingoonity. The 353m has the features that I'd want this crazy hardware life cycle to pause for.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Why miniaturize a mini handheld ? 😅
It's not too mini ?

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No, they are making it a tad bigger. Rumour has it that the delays on manufacturing are related to the 2.8" screen not being that common and that available, so the change to 3.5" "should" make the stock not fluctuate as much.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
A week or so after I got my RG351p I figured out that it had a wonky headphone jack. It seems to be a rare issue and it never came up on my earlier two Anbernic devices, so I just made do with keeping the speakers low when I was playing around others. Today, I finally took it apart and re-flowed the solder on the jack and it's working perfectly now. I'm stoked. Only bad news is I have less excuse to upgrade to the 353.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I know it's windows based but I've had a GPD WIN 4 tab open for like the last 2 months. Anyone here bite the bullet on one of these? It seems like everything I've ever wanted in a handheld device.

Reactions: SML

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I know it's windows based but I've had a GPD WIN 4 tab open for like the last 2 months. Anyone here bite the bullet on one of these? It seems like everything I've ever wanted in a handheld device.

1.000€ on a chinese gaming handheld...

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
That's a pretty dumb way to look at it. Find me a decent handheld that isn't made in China.

A friend has the GPD Win Max 2 and he's been totally in love with it. The build quality is excellent, for what it's worth. Everything I've heard about the Win 4 makes it sound like it's the one to get.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well, everything is made in china now, but not everything is from a chinese brand/company, which I meant. If you tell me GPD has a top notch quality control I'll believe you, since I've got none of their products to check out, but I wouldn't gamble that amount of money having for example the steam deck for almost half the price.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
These handhelds - it all comes down to what all you are REALLY going to play on it.......not necessarily what all it CAN play. This distinction can save you a ton of money.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Was bored today so I tried hooking my RG353M up to the TV via HDMI and use a Bluetooth controller. Pretty killer experience honestly. Using JELOS and the option to have multiple controllers assigned for 4+ player games is neat.

Having run ahead on everything under PSX is silky. If I didn't have a Mister, I could see myself using this as a console more. Might be handy for trips.

Edit: OH! and I dropped my Retroid 3+ and now one of the shoulder buttons doesn't click. Still works, but it feels weird and annoys me so I put it in a drawer to forget about.

Last edited:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Buffff, that red glossy finish looks horrible. And what's with the black frame around the screen? It's 2023 already, come on.

UPDATE: I've seen there are more colours available, the skeleton red doesn't look half as bad. Still a shame about the black frame in the screen though.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Given the price, seemed like a good gamble. I snagged a black one, so the bezel won't really be noticeable.

Will report back in late April when it gets here lol

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Probably gonna skip this one. I like the design, but with the specs being the same as 3+, I can't justify it.

@pixeljunkie, if you wanna move that RP3+, holler at me 🙌

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Probably gonna skip this one. I like the design, but with the specs being the same as 3+, I can't justify it.

@pixeljunkie, if you wanna move that RP3+, holler at me 🙌

I bought the flip drunk and woke up to realize it's the exact same specs - lol. Buyer's remorse much? Whatever, I've bought dumber shit plenty of times before.

I will def be moving the RP3+