Annual Black Friday / Cyber Monday Pick-up Thread.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I find it weird how Wal-Mart will have Black Friday on Thursday night at 6PM... and when you go into Wal-Mart the next morning, all the leftover/returned stuff is all moved to the back aisles (and some prices even raised on some stuff), like it never happened and it's back to business as usual through Christmas.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I went all out this year:

Picked up a bunch of statues/figures at my local comic shop

20151123_013948_zpspuqazjbw.jpg

Best Buy had awesome deals
Two headphones (Sony Golds & Sony MDRXBR950 Bluetooth)
PS4 - Final Fantasy Type 0
PS4 - Camera
XB1 - Hasbro Family Pack
XB1 - Controller
PS TV
2x - Fire 7" Tablet for nephew & niece

Amazon
Devestator figure
Battleship, Love Letter, & Sushi Go
Jurasic Park Collection

Also the wireless H Steelseries gaming headset & VLX stick.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I finally made the jump to the current gen today...

$299 for the PS4 uncharted bundle on disc, charging station and a pair of head phones on Newegg.com...

Then after much debate, threw down a pre-order on the Xbox One Elite for a ghastly $499 too...high price, but figured what the heck, I waited 2 years already, may as well get the fancy one...

And after all that...I just bought Rare Replay to play all the old games I already own on the N64 anyways...ah well...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would only buy things for loved ones. Too old to buy childrens things for myself.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Love the Chromebook, on one right now that I got from Woot awhile back. Livingroom browsing has never been better.

Yeah, I'm impressed with it! :)

I find it weird how Wal-Mart will have Black Friday on Thursday night at 6PM... and when you go into Wal-Mart the next morning, all the leftover/returned stuff is all moved to the back aisles (and some prices even raised on some stuff), like it never happened and it's back to business as usual through Christmas.

It was weird yet pleasant popping in to Wal-Mart on "Black Friday" morning and discovering the place was a ghost town.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Grabbed the few n52 batman issues I was missing and a bunch of n52 aquaman since my favorite writer is coming back on.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Any fatalities? I'm always disappointed when no one dies as a result of this thread.

(trampling is always a good way to go.)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I picked up a couple of Craftsman 8-piece combo wrench sets (one SAE, one Metric) at my local Sears Hometown store. $8.99 each. I also bought 3 quarts of motor oil for my car at CARQUEST, but that wasn't on sale.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Bought a Mega Everdrive. Been wanting this for some time now. Gonna do the whole Small Business Saturday thing tomorrow and hit a few local shops for stuff.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
On the Steam sale I picked up:
Y's Origins
Y's IV: The Ark of Nepishtim
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Skullgirls

I've been waiting for the first three to go on sale for a bit now (was pissed I didn't get Borderlands for sale a few months back, glad to get a better deal)

Skullgirls just seemed too good to pass up at $3.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Got the Korg Legacy Collection of soft synths and SketchBook Pro 7 for half off.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I was watching PS4 console deals, but I think they are still priced way too high for a system with no library other than ports and sequels. I ended up getting a sorely-needed graphics card replacement instead - EVGA GTX 960 4G for $185 on Amazon. Not sure if it was an actual BF deal or not, but no point linking it now because it sold out shortly after I got it.

Other than that, I'm eyeballing blurays of Arrow season 3 and Flash season 1 at $20, which I'm also not sure are BF deals or not. I'm starting to hate getting burned on these stealth deals where it isn't marked as 'Black Friday' but then the price shoots back up the next day.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
On the Steam sale I picked up:
Y's Origins
Y's IV: The Ark of Nepishtim
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Skullgirls

I've been waiting for the first three to go on sale for a bit now (was pissed I didn't get Borderlands for sale a few months back, glad to get a better deal)

Skullgirls just seemed too good to pass up at $3.

Skullgirls is great, the training mode has so much detail that it's fun even if you've played fighters your whole life.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
Glad to see a few people picking up EverDrives at the annual wholesale discount. That sale runs until Sunday and is the best price you can get outside of the used market. That sucks that they're out of TED 2.4s though.

I thought that I'd escape BF unscathed, but I ended up getting a price alert from Amazon on Black Sennheiser HD-598s for $95 and I bought them. I had almost bought a pair of older HD-595s last week at $100, so I'm glad to have waited. I have a cheap little tube pre-amp arriving soon that should push them decently.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I was watching PS4 console deals, but I think they are still priced way too high for a system with no library other than ports and sequels.

Eh. People are tripping all over themselves to scoop up the PS4 and XB1 holiday bundles at Black Friday sales. But they both come bundled with "remastered" versions of games from the previous generation (which are to me worthless - or at least not worth near as much as a new game) and both come with 500GB HDDs which I believe the manufacturers are clearing out so that they can start selling 1TB consoles. I think Dell was selling PS4's bundled with Fallout 4 but they sold out instantly.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I was watching PS4 console deals, but I think they are still priced way too high for a system with no library other than ports and sequels. I ended up getting a sorely-needed graphics card replacement instead - EVGA GTX 960 4G for $185 on Amazon. Not sure if it was an actual BF deal or not, but no point linking it now because it sold out shortly after I got it.

Other than that, I'm eyeballing blurays of Arrow season 3 and Flash season 1 at $20, which I'm also not sure are BF deals or not. I'm starting to hate getting burned on these stealth deals where it isn't marked as 'Black Friday' but then the price shoots back up the next day.

Honestly the ps4 is worth getting for Bloodbourne alone.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Just grabbed two pairs khakis pants from BASS and two pairs of shoes at Cole Haan

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Honestly the ps4 is worth getting for Bloodbourne alone.
Right, that's why I keep looking at that console to begin with. At this point I'm hoping that a late PC port comes along and bails me out.

Edit: Back to the deals.... 47 Ronin on blu 3D for 10 bucks from Amazon. Heck, I'll bite.

Last edited:

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Love the Chromebook, on one right now that I got from Woot awhile back. Livingroom browsing has never been better.

Not trying to threadcrap but genuinely interested...what makes the chromebooks so good? Haven't ever tried one but with the specs they have they look like really underpowered laptops.

My router crapped out after our power went out, so picked up a new router.

128gb microsd card - 39.99
32gb sd card for wii - 9.99

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
its just the chrome browser they don't need much power. They are cheaper than buying a laptop or a tablet just for browsing the web.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Glad to see a few people picking up EverDrives at the annual wholesale discount. That sale runs until Sunday and is the best price you can get outside of the used market. That sucks that they're out of TED 2.4s though.

Scooped one at midnight on Friday. Got a PCE in the mail today.

Not trying to threadcrap but genuinely interested...what makes the chromebooks so good? Haven't ever tried one but with the specs they have they look like really underpowered laptops.

It complements a high-powered desktop well as I don't need that much processing power in the living room where I mostly just browse and interact with email. The hardware specs are slim but they don't need much due to the light OS.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I just scooped a SD2SNES and Everdrive N8 from krikkz's sale, picked up a Hori PS3 arcade stick from Arcadeshock (they've got a nice sale going on) and some Sanwa buttons to mod this Neo Geo X stick I bought.