Another SNK Book upcoming from Bitmap Books (KOF)

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member

Introducing THE KING OF FIGHTERS: The Ultimate History

mail
We are beyond excited to announce our next book, which marks another collaboration with the arcade icons that are SNK. THE KING OF FIGHTERS: The Ultimate History has been over 12 months in the making, and is our biggest, most ambitious volume yet. Plotting the history, design, and influence of what is often considered the most important fighting game series ever made, the 544-page volume is packed with beautiful artwork and illustrations from SNK’s incredible archive. We were also able to track down many of the original KOF development team, as evident in the numerous interviews that make up part of this lavishly produced title. Available as both standard and collector editions, THE KING OF FIGHTERS: The Ultimate History will be available to order in May (exact date to be confirmed). Finally, the time has come to tell the story of a series whose origins have been shrouded in mystery for too long. You can expect lots more information in our April newsletter.

Attachments

• 1647451919551.png
    1647451919551.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nice! Love their previous two SNK books.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks for the post , haven't but want to get their Neo Geo book I just didn't get to it. Hopefully I'll get both of them and maybe the Metal Slug one aswell.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
What is the content of a book like this? The developer interviews seem interesting, design documents and drawings seem interesting, but printing pages consisting of screenshots of the games themselves or sprites ripped straight from the games doesn't seem like it would add much for me.

geladobom

War Room Troll
When they release a simple book with all the neogeo games using cheat codes and moves of each game?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kind of surprised they did a KOF before FF honestly.
Fatal Fury, I'd be a lot more interested in. But I'm sure there's more history to write about with KoF. Fatal Fury more or less ended in '99 (or '98, if you ask me).