Anton Yelchin dies in freak accident, 27 years old

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Most probably knew him as Chekov in the new Star Trek movies, but he had a lot of great performances especially in smaller/indie stuff such as Charlie Bartlett, Middle of Nowhere, Like Crazy, Burying the Ex, etc.

WIP :crying:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
pinned between his own car and a brick mailbox. tragic.

i liked his acting style a lot.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
sad to hear. really liked him as the young kyle reese.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow what a loss. I wonder how certain deals he had in acting, especially Star Trek will go forward without him around.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Holy shit. That sucks. He's pretty funny in that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode that he guests in.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I never knew his name, but I enjoyed several of his performances, including as Chekhov. RIP.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Holy shit, I just saw this on facebook. R.I.P. Chekhov. :crying:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Wait, Odd Thomas has died? :(

I really enjoyed that movie especially him in it, it's a shame the movie never got a proper theatrical release. I do think Odd Thomas and Jack Reacher too would make better 12 episode seasons/ miniseries since there is so much content within the books than being feature length movies.

Anyway RIP I enjoyed watching him act in every movie I saw that he was in.

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Liked him in the Fright Night remake. Actually felt bad in Alpha Dog when he was in that. 27 is to damn young. RIP

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sad news indeed. Kid had a lot of talent.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sad news indeed. Kid had a lot of talent.

He certainly was nowhere near his peak and had a lot more roles ahead of him. Makes you appreciate the brevity of life and how you use it. If you died tomorrow would you feel accomplished?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He certainly was nowhere near his peak and had a lot more roles ahead of him. Makes you appreciate the brevity of life and how you use it. If you died tomorrow would you feel accomplished?

Even the most accomplished individuals would probably say no. There's never enough time.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Oooh shit, if they can tie the shifter issue with those recalled Jeeps due to FIATs experimental shifter that has been a problem they're in deep shit, major lawsuit from the family given the potential losses of decades of income and future royalties off work on top of just the usual emotional side of such settlements.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
RIP

Eerily he died on the birthday of his costar Zoe Saldana Perego birthday.