any baseball card collecters here

punkGuyta

Hardened Shock Trooper
i recently found my cards from when i was a kid i came accross a complete 132 card set of mint opeechee premier 1991 line up cards every card from that year all mint and still in plastic among many other cards from 91 and back
anyone know if there might be any value or where i could find out to the complete set?

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I used to collect baseball cards, and unfortunately, those are practically worthless from what I recall.

Do you need fire kindling? They would probably do a good job

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
when I was in like 6th grade my friends and I were really into collecting cards. I Haven't bought a pack of cards in years. My dad still has all of his old cards from when he was a kid. At one time he had the mickey mantle rookie card, but my frickin cousin stole it and sold it for like $300.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
punkGuyta said:
i recently found my cards from when i was a kid i came accross a complete 132 card set of mint opeechee premier 1991 line up cards every card from that year all mint and still in plastic among many other cards from 91 and back
anyone know if there might be any value or where i could find out to the complete set?

Go to a card sports store and get a price guide. The online price guides are useless, the legit ones make you pay anyways. Use price guides, because some card store owners are shady.

punkGuyta

Hardened Shock Trooper
zapatistab said:
Go to a card sports store and get a price guide. The online price guides are useless, the legit ones make you pay anyways. Use price guides, because some card store owners are shady.

unfortunly there are no such stores like that here anymore id probly have to drive like 3 hours to find one

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
offhand, the set is probably worht about $5.

OPC premier has no market....

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Complete sets are worthless at this moment. The mid 90's killed that fashion with an influx of subset chase cards and later letting Tiffany's grade cards. Things are worth hundreds or squat these days.

wcmiker

n00b
I have thousands of baseball cards from the early 90s and I am fairly certain that for the most part they are worthless. Too bad, I spent a lot of money on them, especially considering my limited budget at the time as a young kid.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
wcmiker said:
I have thousands of baseball cards from the early 90s and I am fairly certain that for the most part they are worthless. Too bad, I spent a lot of money on them, especially considering my limited budget at the time as a young kid.
Same here. Well, actually I stopped around 1992 so much of my early 80's stuff is at least worth a bit. I briefly got back into it in 1999/2000 but quickly realized that was stupid. Still have a bunch of unopened 1982 Fleer, 1981 Fleer, 1999 Bowman Chrome, and others.

I loved the early 80's stuff. 1982 Topps and Fleer being my favorite, most likely because that's when I started collecting. Just cool stuff.

But anything from 1989-1991 is definitely worth little. Well, except for '89 Upper Deck. Which by the way single-handedly caused the downfall of the industry.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
wcmiker said:

I did the same with Basketball and Baseball cards, early 90's was my golden era. I had some cards at the time that were anywhere from 50 bucks to 500, most of them are worth dollars now, The card I had that was worth 500 was around 50 the last time I cracked a becket open (Shaq BEAM TEAM). But the hobby was fun at the time, I never planned on selling any of my stuff, so it's no big, kind of like my comics. More a memory of the time than anything, when I see rookie cards from Isiah Rider, Harold Minor, and think fuck where are these guys now, I was around when they were rookies.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I used to collect baseball cards as well. Somewhere back home, I have a rookie Curt Schilling.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Same here. Well, actually I stopped around 1992 so much of my early 80's stuff is at least worth a bit. I briefly got back into it in 1999/2000 but quickly realized that was stupid. Still have a bunch of unopened 1982 Fleer, 1981 Fleer, 1999 Bowman Chrome, and others.

The Fleer Wax should get you some good Cash, I think.

I only collect autographs that I get in person... I thought about collecting Negro League stuff.

Also, If anyone wants to dump any 30,40 and 50's... I can find a buyer...