Any game have a special ending for 1cc' or fastest speed run?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Since they are a thing amongst gamers these days, admittedly of older games, but I wonder if indie developpers have ever caught on to such an idea? The speed run thing would need online leader board access type thing. But well yeah was just wondering because yeah

saner

Krauser's Henchman
not sure. those are rare. I think maybe Triggerheart Exelica has something like that.

DeWitt

n00b
I never heard of something like this. But I really like the idea!

If there is someone who knows more games with this feature, I'm also interested to know them :-)

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
In Cadrius AC, the only way to get to the 6th and final stage (true ending) is to have 1CC'd the previous 5 stages. If you continue before beating the 5th stage boss the credits roll after stage 5 and you get a Game Over.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think for Haohmaru or Genan to face Mai in the ending cut scene, you need to 1cc, but not sure.
Samurai Spirits 2, I think credits show if you 1cc.

DeWitt

n00b
And if I remember correctly the last level of Aero Fighters 2 has to be beaten with one coin. Each time you die you have to start at the beginning of the level.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Same goes for Ryo in FFS, and Akuma in SF Alpha 2 IIRC.

Not sure if this applies but you also need to S-rank all missions or something like that in Contra SS to access the final stage / real ending.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Samus' bikini fan service is awarded for speed running. If you don't loose any fight in Ninja Master's, you'll get the monkey. But today in current games? I guess you'll get something like this:

0,02% other player(s) achieved this, too. Congratulations!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Gimmick's real final level required collecting all the secret items and not continuing. I *think* you can continue once you get to the real final level (never died there myself).

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Sexy Parodius could have something like that. though think its based on whether a mission is completed or not. there are various results and paths, though think the final cutscene is the same regardless though not sure.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Not arcade, but Link's Awakening has Marin becoming a seagull or an angel or whatever if you clear the game without dying.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You kill your own family and then commit suicide in Spinal Breakers if you're too slow and the in-game timer runs out at any point. Your family lives happily ever after if you do otherwise and don't lose a credit.

sb06.png

It's the same game where you kill robot nazis in front of a concentration camp, with the "arbeit macht frei" gate portal and all. Quintessential Japanese video game development. :lolz:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Demon Front
You can see real ending if you finish the game in less than 30min, and it's very very hard

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You kill your own family and then commit suicide in Spinal Breakers if you're too slow and the in-game timer runs out at any point. Your family lives happily ever after if you do otherwise and don't lose a credit.

sb06.png

It's the same game where you kill robot nazis in front of a concentration camp, with the "arbeit macht frei" gate portal and all. Quintessential Japanese video game development. :lolz:

Good lookout for the cookout, I had never heard of Spinal Breakers before. It's definitely a C-list game in 1990 but I dig the blood and gore from the screenshots I'm looking at. The colors are bland but I am surprised how much effort they put into the ending credits!

spbrbad-8.png

https://www.neogeokult.com/versus-us/nam-1975-vs-spinal-breakers-us/

I'll definitely try it out if it's on a Pandora's Box the next time I'm in an arcade.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Volgarr the Viking. In fact, it has completely different stages if you keep going without continues and meet requirements (continues put you back into the newbie course), right up to the ending with an exclusive stage/boss.