Any good, recent DBZ games?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Once in a while I get in the mood for the stupid fun that only DBZ can provide. Are there any good next gen DBZ games? The last one I played was Budokai, which was nearly ten years ago and the game isnt really that good.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Once in a while I get in the mood for the stupid fun that only DBZ can provide. Are there any good next gen DBZ games? The last one I played was Budokai, which was nearly ten years ago and the game isnt really that good.

wouldn’t get too anxious to play another one then; the series hasn’t evolved a bit in the past decade, and the only additions to gameplay that have been made seem to make the games even more shallow.

I actually bought Budokai back in ’02, just because I got a discount at the game store I was working at. I’m sure the look on my face when I actually played it was priceless. I mean, I wasn’t expecting greatness or anything, but I’ve had more involved games of Minesweeper.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I tried whatever the newest one is and couldn't stick with it. Then again, that could say something about my habits in general because I haven't played a video game in the last 3 months since.

Every once in a while I'll see that you sent me a message to play some HDR. I'm not ignoring you - I mostly use the 360 now as a Netflix device, and I'll read your message, in some cases, a day or two later. Next time I'm actually playing something, if you're on, I'll send you an invite or something.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I remember when Super DBZ (Chou? DBZ) was coming out in the arcades in Japan and everybody was making a big fuss over it because somebody that worked at Capcom on the Street Fighter games was a major producer of it. And that was it. I was reading reviews and people said it wasn't even that good, for a DBZ game. My favorite will always be Hyper Dimension because you can knock the other guy through stages, up into the sky and also the cool sidestep move you could go around projectiles. I really need to pick up the Saturn games now that I have one. I played them at the local sci-fi/anime con a few years ago and they were a lot of fun.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I remember when Super DBZ (Chou? DBZ) was coming out in the arcades in Japan and everybody was making a big fuss over it because somebody that worked at Capcom on the Street Fighter games was a major producer of it. And that was it. I was reading reviews and people said it wasn't even that good, for a DBZ game. My favorite will always be Hyper Dimension because you can knock the other guy through stages, up into the sky and also the cool sidestep move you could go around projectiles. I really need to pick up the Saturn games now that I have one. I played them at the local sci-fi/anime con a few years ago and they were a lot of fun.

super DBZ is awesome man, I hate all theese other DBZ games but I love super DBZ, it's a real fighter and it plays like nothing else out there. But it's too deep for it's target audience and it's leveling system probably killed it's chances at being popular in the compeditive scene. Everyone into fighters and DBZ should have super dbz, it doesn't have a whole ton for story modes and shit, but gameplay wise not only is it a real fighter, but it's one of the most unique real fighters I've played.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
for me it all ended after.

fighting wise,
that RPG for DS sure is an awesome game :D

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm not sure there has ever been a good DBZ game.