Any idea who's collection this is? -- Massive Ebay Auction--

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
LINK

Certainly a collection this big belongs to someone well known, especially the Neo stuff. :eek:

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Starting bid: 64,816.32?--Did the guy just think that a rounded number was gonna end-up being too low or too high (compared to this)?!

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Idk who they are but selling a collection like that, you couldn't be arsed to at LEAST take some shots of the collection for the auction?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
That last 16 dollars and 32 cents pushed it over the edge for me. Oh well.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Idk who they are but selling a collection like that, you couldn't be arsed to at LEAST take some shots of the collection for the auction?

Thought the same thing. They should have a counter on that page to help drive the frenzy too.

Really wondering who's collection this is. It's a Neo fan first and foremost judging from what's there.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
What an awful auction. So many colors - it makes my eyes water. He doesn't even list everything. Like the 32X he says "30 games - blah blah" then only lists maybe 8 or 9 and then ends it with "...", and some shit is cryptic like Sega Master System "lots of games, including mail order game"

Dumbass needs do a complete overhaul on this if he's wanting to get anybody to seriously evaluate it. Bulletpoints - List all the systems, and the games for each system, and whether or not they're complete. No stupid colors, changing up the fonts, bolding, italicizing random shit - make it detailed and easy to read. And for fuck's sake, take more than one picture that shows more than random shit I don't even know what I'm looking at because you ran some weirdass filter over everything.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey cuberson, I finally watched North by Northwest. Awesome flick. Why is Cary Grant so orange.

who's

edit: that collection is nowhere near worth as much as it's going for. Wow.

Last edited:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
This auction really reads like those ones some dude was posting over and over again last year, where he was like, "You'll get tons of games (giant block of unreadable text) for only 10 000 dollars".

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey cuberson, I finally watched North by Northwest. Awesome flick. Why is Cary Grant so orange.

who's

edit: that collection is nowhere near worth as much as it's going for. Wow.
dagnab it, Stage, if you are going to edit, explain the who's.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The guys name is Jon, I bought a couple games off him in the past.

He has been putting up these silly auctions for over a year now.

He is just throwing out a line to see if he catches anything. Pretty sad.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
The guys name is Jon, I bought a couple games off him in the past.

He has been putting up these silly auctions for over a year now.

He is just throwing out a line to see if he catches anything. Pretty sad.

Is he a Neo collector? Local to you?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Collectors would just copy all that text into Word, run a check for "Stadium Events", found out it's not among his stuff and said f' it. Who is he going to catch? XD

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Is he a Neo collector? Local to you?

Not local to me, I dealt with him through ebay a few times when he was auctioning off some saturn stuff several year back.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Not local to me, I dealt with him through ebay a few times when he was auctioning off some saturn stuff several year back.

Ah, cool. Thanks. Just wanting to find out more about this listing. As others have said, the listing is shit, but that's quite the collection, particularly the Neo stuff. He's missing a lot of the 'big' games, but it's still an impressive collection.

Curt

apostate
It's mine. Sorry for the Comic Sans, it gives me a huge erection and that little touch of technicolor princess stick class this auction needs.

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
In all honesty I think this is one of the worst auctions I have ever seen, and that photo is horrible, and I think you can probably argue somehow somewhere this is violating a TOS. This should be removed, and shouldn't even be linked.

aria

Former Moderator
This appears to be the collection of a loser.

It makes me ashamed to have accumulated even a fraction of that stuff. I really need to start reducing my collection.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
This appears to be the collection of a loser.

It makes me ashamed to have accumulated even a fraction of that stuff. I really need to start reducing my collection.

You should just give your collection away, like charity. It's not like you need the $ from the sales.

Heck you should give your collection away to African kids, you might even get your own TV special.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You should just give your collection away, like charity. It's not like you need the $ from the sales.

Heck you should give your collection away to African kids, you might even get your own TV special.

I would pay to see Bobak teaching starving African children how to play Magical Drop in a reality show-style.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Obviously giving a collection away or even for a "good price" is stupid. The recipient will turn around and sell it for the market price or higher, as seen time and time again here.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Speaking from experience, huge collections like this should never be sold as a lot. The seller probably isn't encumbered by anything time consuming, (a life, a job, etc.) so there's no reason why he shouldn't maximize his profit potential and ability to liquidate the items by slowly piecing out the huge lot.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I like how the seller states "100% all original..." right at the beginning, then list some Conversions in eye squinting font somewhere in the middle, camouflaged by all the vibrant colors.

Guess that 100% is rounded up from 99.5%. XD