Any interest in console copiers ?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Just was curious to see if there is anyone else that is interested in old console copiers? I know about everdrives and all that, but I am referring to stuff from Bung, China Coach Limited, Front Far East, and such. I currently have a Mr Backup Z64 with a compact flash drive and a Game Doctor SF7 with 128mbit of ram.

I would like to get a Super Wildcard DX2, Magic Drive, Super Magicom, some form of a famicom copier, and maybe a Mult Game Doctor or Hunter.

Part of the reason I like console copiers is that you can dump your original carts in addition to playing "legally owned back ups"

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
They have several limitations, and lack new features, so their usefulness lies more more in dumping, if they can properly dump a game, IMO.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I loved using my friend's Game Doctor SF7 back in the day. His cousin got in from China Town in NYC. Once he grew out of gaming, he gave it to my friend. That's how we ROM surfed in the late '90s. Very slowly.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ You're reminding me of traveling with my job and surfing the net on my dreamcast. Had to buy a phone card to call the internet phone number but there was something magical about drunk buying stuff on ebay from a hotel room back then.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
^ You're reminding me of traveling with my job and surfing the net on my dreamcast. Had to buy a phone card to call the internet phone number but there was something magical about drunk buying stuff on ebay from a hotel room back then.

:lolz: That's amazing. That story itself reminds me of WebTV. I hadn't heard about it (or at least hadn't paid attention to it) until a Kevin Smith podcast where he mentioned how he didn't have a laptop back in the day, and after shooting a movie, he'd go to his hotel room and surf on WebTV. There's a big article on Motherboard about it. If I can't sleep on my super early plane trip tomorrow (gonna be in your neck of the woods, actually) I'll try to read that.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I still have my Double Pro Fighter and Multi-Game Hunter from many years ago, along with the accompanying floppy collection with the games split into 4 meg chunks. They're not really practical for gameplay anymore but these two paid for themselves with the amount of undumped games they allowed me to throw into the wild.

Lots of people cried about the SNES Super UFO Pro 8 flashcart and it's file name limitation where it was based on old cart copier OS. If they only knew the struggles of dealing with split files or directories full of nameless files that required referring to hardcopy printout from Ucon they'd really be in tears.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
:lolz: That's amazing. That story itself reminds me of WebTV. I hadn't heard about it (or at least hadn't paid attention to it) until a Kevin Smith podcast where he mentioned how he didn't have a laptop back in the day, and after shooting a movie, he'd go to his hotel room and surf on WebTV. There's a big article on Motherboard about it. If I can't sleep on my super early plane trip tomorrow (gonna be in your neck of the woods, actually) I'll try to read that.

I played on a web tv once, Honestly it's a little better then the dreamcast, but still pales in comparasion to having a laptop.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I played on a web tv once, Honestly it's a little better then the dreamcast, but still pales in comparasion to having a laptop.

My family had a GTE mainStreet box for about 6 months. As a little kid in the early '90s, it was pretty eye opening. That said, I mostly just looked up photos of puppies.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Just was curious to see if there is anyone else that is interested in old console copiers? I know about everdrives and all that, but I am referring to stuff from Bung, China Coach Limited, Front Far East, and such. I currently have a Mr Backup Z64 with a compact flash drive and a Game Doctor SF7 with 128mbit of ram.

I would like to get a Super Wildcard DX2, Magic Drive, Super Magicom, some form of a famicom copier, and maybe a Mult Game Doctor or Hunter.

Part of the reason I like console copiers is that you can dump your original carts in addition to playing "legally owned back ups"

Collecting old copying devices is a hobby i think very few people get into... would also be neat to find the earliest mod chips for Saturn and PlayStation... i like the idea of preserving the history of bootlegging :-J

I’m a fan of old chinese stuff.. when i was first exploring the internet as a kid i always wanted a Game Axe Color...

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
First copier I got was a 24mbit SWC, I think I paid like $400. Good times on the console BBSs in those days. Then scooped a Super Smart Card for the Gameboy...that thing was a total POS that was super sensitive to CPU and LPT settings. The Doctor V64 was the last copier I bought when they were still current, it was fun to revisit that scene again. Early 2000s I scooped a bunch of other copiers including an MGD2 with almost every adapter, but sold all that shit when flash carts started coming out. The GDSF7 is a pretty nice SNES unit, but really these days there isn't much point. Even as someone who was there when the units were popular, I have zero desire to revisit those days.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I still have my Double Pro Fighter and Multi-Game Hunter from many years ago, along with the accompanying floppy collection with the games split into 4 meg chunks. They're not really practical for gameplay anymore but these two paid for themselves with the amount of undumped games they allowed me to throw into the wild.

Lots of people cried about the SNES Super UFO Pro 8 flashcart and it's file name limitation where it was based on old cart copier OS. If they only knew the struggles of dealing with split files or directories full of nameless files that required referring to hardcopy printout from Ucon they'd really be in tears.

The Super UFO Pro 8 is totally badass combining a cartridge copier with the form factor and ease of use of a modern flash cart.