Any Stargazers here?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The other night i saw some bright ass star or planet and had no idea what it was. It was perfect circle w/ some patterns very similar to Tron disc. I also notice quite a few moving light rectangular lights throughout the night too. Drones? UFO? Not sure, it was just weird but also got me nostalgic like when i was kid. I would look up at the sky with my walky talky thinking i might see flying saucer.

Anyway, it got me interested and i really want to explore more of the sky. Can you guys recommend a nice telescope. I see in Amazon that they range from less than $100 to 1-3k. I dont think i want to spend no more than $500, but i really dont want to upgrade later either.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Really that desperate to max zoom in on your statues cocks, huh?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I came here totally expecting him to open up about his weird gay ass star (celebrity) statue staring club. WGASSSC

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm sure this will evolve into "ok guys I bought this telescope for $2000 I hope it's good *cue giant ass image of telescope to prove wealth*" during the next few days.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I'm sure this will evolve into "ok guys I bought this telescope for $2000 I hope it's good *cue giant ass image of telescope to prove wealth*" during the next few days.

I hope it can upload pics at least

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That episode where Bart breaks his leg and the rest is like Rear Window, when he looks into the telescope and says "Wow, the universe is so...boring".

That episode skewed my expectations for what people really see in telescopes. It's never that cool.

And all those pics you see of the Milky Way are fake anyway. Doesn't Look like that in real life

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The other night i saw some bright ass star or planet and had no idea what it was. It was perfect circle w/ some patterns very similar to Tron disc. I also notice quite a few moving light rectangular lights throughout the night too. Drones? UFO? Not sure, it was just weird but also got me nostalgic like when i was kid. I would look up at the sky with my walky talky thinking i might see flying saucer.

Anyway, it got me interested and i really want to explore more of the sky. Can you guys recommend a nice telescope. I see in Amazon that they range from less than $100 to 1-3k. I dont think i want to spend no more than $500, but i really dont want to upgrade later either.

honestly, look for stargazing groups or societies. They will have all the gear, and you can get your fix without spending anything. Many universities and community colleges have them.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Funny this thread being posted. I finally discovered why Pluto was declassified. Turns out it really wasn't a planet but instead a giant alien egg that hatched 06/27/2006. Declassification was done to force public attention away from the body which is now debris. The entity that emerged immediately left the solar system.;)

As far as star gazing goes you have to pay to play, only the high powered scopes are going to allow you a great show. So you are looking at thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You could flip the blow attachments on your driving rig into reverse and recreate the vacuum of space.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
There are apps to help you with identifying objects in the sky like planets or stars. I'm using one called SkyView and its pretty good. It basically shows you the objects on your screen depending on where you move the phone camera.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
There are apps to help you with identifying objects in the sky like planets or stars. I'm using one called SkyView and its pretty good. It basically shows you the objects on your screen depending on where you move the phone camera.

I use one called Star Walk, it's pretty great. You can even see comets, satellites, clusters, etc on it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

I think you might have pissed on his chips with this.

Come on hdr, show us your jodrell.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The two i wanted were sold out, ill post it next year...