Any suggestions for mounting Happ style sticks to a wood panel?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I'm working on putting together a wood panel with Happ Super sticks.

I bought them from Focus Attack and they came with 4 small screws that seem too small to be mounting screws.

They look like this (I know this is a competition stick in the picture)
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5...BLE_01__07337__15679.1437887717.1280.1280.jpg

So what the hell are these screws for? They're so small and I've tried using them to mount, just to see, and the heads are just small enough to go through the mounting holes.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for screws for under mounting? I've always mounted sticks with carriage bolts through the top but I'm trying to avoid that with this build.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Those screws are for the cherry switches to hold them on the base, strange they gave you extra. The only option I can offer is countersinking some screws from the top of the panel long enough to under mount the stick. Will there be an overlay on the top side of the panel?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
They're different than the screws used on the microswitches as well as the screws used to hold the body together. Just weird.

I wasn't planning on using an overlay since it's already black laminated wood. I may just go with black carriage bolts.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Most are mounted using carriage bolts. They are available in different lengths at most local hardware stores.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Just get 4 screws that will fit and mount the stick from the bottom.Thats going to eventually fall off though.

Last edited: