anybody dealt with a company called nin nin game?

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
The reason is because I preordered SFV limited edition On Friday

I got an email this morning asking for ID and utility bill to be scanned to them in the form of driving licence or passport along with a electric bill

I have never heard of this and I have ordered from international countries like USA and Japan before

This is the email

We have received a payment on our website from your credit card: however, in order to protect the security of this transaction and as instructed by our bank, we need to confirm that this order & payment is legitimate.

In order to do so and validate your order quickly, please confirm that this order is indeed legitimate, and please email us as soon as possible the following documents:
1/ a copy/scan of passport, or ID card, or drivers license
AND
2/ a proof of residence at the same address - gas/electricity bill will do for instance.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience! This is only for verification purposes, and meant to protect you from fraudulent use of your payment method. Please rest assured that your personal details will not be shared with any third-party, and that our privacy policy is extremely strict!

Please send us the documents within 10 business days at the latest. If we don't receive your documents after this time, unfortunately verification will fail and your order will be automatically cancelled.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you again for your understanding.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
The reason is because I preordered SFV limited edition On Friday

I got an email this morning asking for ID and utility bill to be scanned to them in the form of driving licence or passport along with a electric bill

I have never heard of this and I have ordered from international countries like USA and Japan before

LOL
It's ridiculous to ask those shit.........sounds like doing background verification checking

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
That sounds weird, why would they need to ask that for? Sounds fishy to me.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
this is what they wrote

We have received a payment on our website from your credit card: however, in order to protect the security of this transaction and as instructed by our bank, we need to confirm that this order & payment is legitimate.

In order to do so and validate your order quickly, please confirm that this order is indeed legitimate, and please email us as soon as possible the following documents:
1/ a copy/scan of passport, or ID card, or drivers license
AND
2/ a proof of residence at the same address - gas/electricity bill will do for instance.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience! This is only for verification purposes, and meant to protect you from fraudulent use of your payment method. Please rest assured that your personal details will not be shared with any third-party, and that our privacy policy is extremely strict!

Please send us the documents within 10 business days at the latest. If we don't receive your documents after this time, unfortunately verification will fail and your order will be automatically cancelled.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you again for your understanding.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This is something they are doing now, as it was just talked about in the retro game freak thread. I'm assuming it's because you paid directly with your credit card and not via something like PayPal. Sounds super sketchy and I'd never do it.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
This is something they are doing now, as it was just talked about in the retro game freak thread. I'm assuming it's because you paid directly with you're credit card and not via something like PayPal. Sounds super sketchy and I'd never do it.

yes I paid with my card

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sounds like a phishing scam.... but HEY... what do I know:D

...Just ask corypoon to photoshop your ID:D

xROTx

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
yes I paid with my card

It's generally a good idea to not use your credit card directly on websites based out of Asia. I know the two banks that I use will auto block all transactions authorizing out of 99% of Asia due to a high number of fraud cases. If I were you I'd email them and have he transaction voided and then pay via PayPal.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Several Japanese merchants are doing this now. I've run into it myself at another site. It killed the deal for me, because I refuse to do it. This is stemming from a newer law in Japan. I think we'll see more of this in the future. Good yo hear Paypal is a way around it for now, though.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Hit up ncsx or play-asia, never had any issues with these guys. Just sounds sketchy to me.......

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
you are being asked for all the information necessary to commit ID theft

might as well send them your bank card and PIN# and fill out some loan applications too

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Japanese companies now perform this kind of verification in order to verify the foreign credit card was legitimately used by the owner.

It was enforced in 2013 as Japanese law. http://www.npa.go.jp/sosikihanzai/jafic/pdf/e_poster20130401.pdf

A quick whois suggests it's actually a French guy working in Japan under N2G Export LLC, which means being required to abide by foreign export law. http://whois.domaintools.com/nin-nin-game.com

I would personally avoid them. Big in Japan, Shopping Mall Japan and Nippon-Yasan are all the same similar cases: non-Japanese living and working in Japan as exporters of stuff.

Anyway, the gist is the verification thing is entirely legit. But because of this kind of store you're most definitely paying a markup on whatever you're buying.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Japanese companies now perform this kind of verification in order to verify the foreign credit card was legitimately used by the owner.

It was enforced in 2013 as Japanese law. http://www.npa.go.jp/sosikihanzai/jafic/pdf/e_poster20130401.pdf

A quick whois suggests it's actually a French guy working in Japan under N2G Export LLC, which means being required to abide by foreign export law. http://whois.domaintools.com/nin-nin-game.com

I would personally avoid them. Big in Japan, Shopping Mall Japan and Nippon-Yasan are all the same similar cases: non-Japanese living and working in Japan as exporters of stuff.

Anyway, the gist is the verification thing is entirely legit. But because of this kind of store you're most definitely paying a markup on whatever you're buying.
ah.. that info is actually pretty sensitive I wouldn't be giving out my personal records for a $50 game

are you fucking kidding me?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nin Nin is shit. I ordered something but they never shipped and it was a PITA getting a refund. If you order something from this type of seller, they will sometimes decide the price was too low and bullshit that they were out of stock. Just real shitty business practices. I avoid all large scale Japanese sites and eBay sellers now. Absolute shit prices and service, in general.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
well I emailed them asking for a cancel so I want an answer as I will order the game from another company if I can find it

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I can only speak about my transaction purchasing the Retro Freak from Nin Nin, but I paid with Paypal and had no issues whatsoever, they shipped the system out to me that day on Friday, and I received the system by Tuesday. That being said, I think this is pretty sketchy even if this is a law, I wouldn't want to send any more information than I have too to make a purchase, and I would also cancel my order and order from someone like Play-Asia instead if I could.

Last edited:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
well I emailed them yesterday to say cancel my order but they haven't responded

I am going to order from someone else AND IF o buy and then send me SFV I will flip out

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nin Nin is shit. I ordered something but they never shipped and it was a PITA getting a refund.

Exactly my experience. Besides, they also sell conversions due to ignorance on how to spot one, i.e. there's a strong non-professional side to their operating, therefore not trustworthy. BTW, the shop is, as elixir stated, run by a french family called Bonnaud. They do manga translation, too.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Right Stuf used to require this sort of confirmation, but they may have stopped when they changed the website earlier this year. It's entirely legit.

If you want an account with a forwarding service such as Tenso, you have to do the exact same thing.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Hmm strange - does this account only for foreigners dealing in Japan?

I order lots of stuff from places like Toranoana, Melonbooks and Trader or Sofmap - directly via their Japanese online shops shipped to an address inside Japan.

and I always pay via VISA.

Never had this problem occur to me.